What are you currently throwing? (let's collab!)

What pitches are you currently throwing in game and what league(s) are you in?

Me: NABA AAA & signing to an independent league while preparing for a showcase next June…

I’m throwing:

4 Seam (low 90’s / high 80’s)
Cutter with same velocity
2 Seam a little slower
Curve
With a developing (palmball change)

My out pitch is my cutter. I consider myself a control pitcher and carry excellent command and location

I feel best when ahead in the count using my cutter and 2 seam and I like to dance off of the corners of the plate, preferably low and in.

What about you guys?

4 Seam Fast Ball - Mid to high 70s
2 Seam Fast Ball - Mid to high 70s
Three-fingered Changeup - Mid to high 60s
Curveball - High 60s to low 70s
Slurve - Low 70s

On left handed batters, I like to use the 4 Seamer on the inside part of the plate while I let the 2 Seam fall off of the outer half.

On right handed batters, I use the 4 Seamer on the outside part of the plate while I back them off with a 2 Seamer.

With a Changeup, I always use it on the outside part of the plate away from right handed and left handed batters.

With a Curveball on a right handed batter, I like to let it fall in on the right handed part of the plate on the corner or let it fall off of the left side of the plate.

With a Curveball for a left handed batter, I let it either sneak in the back door or make it curve down and into their bodies to try and lock them up.

And a Slurve is similar to what I just described with the Curveball only I try to throw it a little lower in the zone otherwise it would be served to the batter on an easy-to-smash horizontal plane.

I do my best to place the ball since obviously I don’t have the speed to blow it past them XD

[quote=“Leonheart21”]4 Seam Fast Ball - Mid to high 70s
Slurve - Low 70s

On left handed batters, I like to use the 4 Seamer on the inside part of the plate while I let the 2 Seam fall off of the outer half.

On right handed batters, I use the 4 Seamer on the outside part of the plate while I back them off with a 2 Seamer.

With a Changeup, I always use it on the outside part of the plate away from right handed and left handed batters.

With a Curveball on a right handed batter, I like to let it fall in on the right handed part of the plate on the corner or let it fall off of the left side of the plate.

With a Curveball for a left handed batter, I let it either sneak in the back door or make it curve down and into their bodies to try and lock them up.

And a Slurve is similar to what I just described with the Curveball only I try to throw it a little lower in the zone otherwise it would be served to the batter on an easy-to-smash horizontal plane.

I do my best to place the ball since obviously I don’t have the speed to blow it past them XD[/quote]Thanks for sharing. What level are you playing in?

my guy throws:

fastball 83-88max - uses sink and cut when going good (can do this about 1/2 the time)

plus curveball thrown to the middle of the plate 68-70mph

change up anywhere in the lower 1/2 about 72-76

pitch folks the way you would pitch God, problem is He knows what’s coming. (unless we have a scouting report that says different on someone). hard in soft away if you have command. if not aim to the middle and trust you have better stuff than the hitter.

we only walk those who have earned the right in certain situations. remember, you don’t beat hitters, you beat lineups. if a guy is coming up with first base open and noone behind him, he sees nothing to hit.

getting too deep for now. keep it simple, throw it over the plate and see what happens, most of the time you’ll get them out if you’re a pitcher. if not, play the piano or get a girlfriend or something.

4-seam: high 60s low 70s (ish, I was clocked at 70 consistently in my best game and topped out at 76!)
2-seam: mid 60s
slider: high 50s low 60s
palmball change: 50s (all over the 50s)

I play in Little League, will play in the Ivy Prepatory League next year in high school (nothing to do with the colleges in the Ivy League).

I throw my 4-seamer right by the hitters. This the one I like to use inside the most because I have both control and accuracy.

With the 2-seamer, I usually place this towards the middle of the plate on LHH (moves towards them). For the righties, outside outside outside.

My slider is my strikeout pitch. Modeled it off my boy Peavy’s - it goes almost like a slurve down and away, but sharp movement, which is the big thing.

I’m still working on the change-up. I don’t use it very often, usually on 0-2 counts and almost never with runners on base (unless it’s been going well so far) because I don’t trust its accuracy much.

I think a lot of members here already know my out pitch. :lol:

1. Fastball(s) (low 70s)
  2. Knuckleball (pwnage)
  3. Curve (getting pretty nasty)
  4. Junk (if I feel like I can get away with it, you know pitching to the 8 batter of the worst team in the conference type thing.

[quote=“pocketrocket”][quote=“Leonheart21”]4 Seam Fast Ball - Mid to high 70s
Slurve - Low 70s

I do my best to place the ball since obviously I don’t have the speed to blow it past them XD[/quote]Thanks for sharing. What level are you playing in?[/quote]

The last level that I played in was Senior year in high school about a year ago. I missed walk-ons here at our college but we’ll see what happens. They’re D1 so they’re looking more than likely for pitchers in the low-mid 90s.

Standard stuff for me
1)4-seam/2-seam (sit around 72-74 on 4 seamer and about 70-72 on 2-seamer)
2)Circle-Change
3)Curve

I don’t know any of my speeds at all.

4 seam 82-85
2 seam 79-83
Circle Change 70-75
Slider/Cutter don’t know exact speed
Curveball(rarely throw)

4 Seam: 87-90 (hit 91 once :slight_smile:
2 seam: 87-88
Slider: 82-84
Change up: 77-81

2 seam (83-85mph)
Slider (78-80mph)
Ciircle Change (69-71mph)

Submariner, I depend on movement and location
I release the ball at about knee level
I play at the NCAA D-1 level in the Big Souh Conference

4 Seam at 85
2 Seam at 82 ish
Splitter at 76
0 - change at 72
Slider at 77

I pitch for a DIII college.

I consider myself a power pitcher. I have a good 4 seam fb that runs to the right. and a good circle change that causes a lot of misses. a lot of K’s and too many BB’s.

Slider is still in development, but at the end of fall ball it was looking good.

I’m 13:

4 seam: 72-74 top 76
2 seam: 70-72 top 74
Circle Change: 58-62

This was many moons ago, and my playing days are way behind me, but I’ll tell you what I used to throw. I was a snake-jazz pitcher, not much on speed—although I did pick up a 81-mile-an-hour fast ball, which for a finesse pitcher is indeed a fast ball. My best pitch was a slider which I nicknamed “Filthy McNasty” after a character in a W.C. Fields movie, because that was exactly what it was, and my second best pitch was a very good knuckle-curve. The rest of my repertoire was built around those two pitches…
A good curve ball which came attached to my natural sidearm delivery
Palm ball, which I used as a changeup
"Slip" pitch—this was a slider thrown with a knuckleball grip
Circle change
Slow curve
The crossfire, a move that works only with the sidearm delivery, and I fell in love with it, used it a lot
Of course, I changed speeds on everything, inclluding that “whoops” pitch (my 81-MPH fast ball).

4sm Fastball- 67-70 (kinda slow but im workin on it)
Circle Change- 57-60
12-6 Curve- 54-57
Knuckleball- 50-53

Mid season velocity is about 84-86 on my four seamer, the only fastball I throw. Hard curve at about 70-73, Change at 71-74.

I am a JR in college I am a closer. I can start and relieve, but thats the position my team needs me. I am going to a showcase in Arizona in may, its supposed to be against the farm teams. Hopefully its a good showcase, and not a scam. Hope to get picked up somewhere, but my size is a big problem, hopefully i can put some weight on my self, and throw consistent 90-93. If you know any good showcases let me know thanks

Fastball 88-91 Control =good
Hard slider breaks away and down Control=good
12-6 Curve Controll = good
Change up Controll = Low

What college?

NJCU its in the NJAC