What an Instructor told me

I went to a pitching coach over the winter, and here is what he told me. I tried to work on the weaknesses, but after about 3 lessons the guy got really lazy and didn’t care about helping me much, so I couldn’t tell if I was fixing the problems.

Strengths:
Good breaking of hands
Arm action out of glove is great
Nice and easy mechanics
Good leg kick

Weaknesses
Fix front shoulder (I actually fixed this one, was driving it closed)
Pronounce back leg a little more
Drive back hip through more explosively

I would go to another instructor, but I am in the middle of the season right now and there is no time. Anyone who has any drills or anything that can help me, I would be greatly appreciative. I know I have to throw to fix it, but I cannot watch myself throw, so I can’t tell when something is right and wrong. Thanks Guys!

EDIT: I will try to post a vid asap

OUCH!!! How did you manage to get yourself into such a fix—consulting a pitching instructor who was probably more interested in having another beer? I understand that you’re in the middle of a season and there’s no time to go around trying to find another instructor, but I do have a suggestion. You might find a very good catcher who knows his stuff, knows how to work with pitchers, and you might spend time working on certain things—such as driving off the lower half of your body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion. This is an essential aspect of mechanics, and you’ll find after a while that not only do you really get the power behind your pitches but also that it takes a lot of pressure off the arm and the shoulder. I picked up this technique many years ago when I would go to Yankee Stadium and I would watch the Yankee pitchers. I saw how they were doing this, and I made a note of it and started working on it.
And when the season is over, find a pitching coach who is interested in working with pitchers, who knows his stuff and who can help you achieve your objective. You might try contacting the National Pitching Association for some ideas on this. Good luck. 8)