What all do I need for the manual tuff cuff

Do I need to buy any exercise equipment to do tuff cuff right.

If your creative enough, you can get by without buying anything.

You can subsitute things by getting something similar, or, make it yourself out of simple household items. So, don’t get fancy with add-on’s. Concentrate on the workloads.

Coach B.

Besides, there is plenty of room for mixing and matching exercises, workout routines, and so forth. Custom fit each section to how far that you want to go and what you expect of yourself once you get there.

Also, track and keep a record of what your doing- AND your expected results on the field of performance. After all, that’s what the publication is all about. KEEP A RECORD OF YOUR WORKLOAD AND THE EXPECTED RESULTS ON THE FIELD.

Coach B.

should i do all of the workouts that need reps to failure or should i just set a number in my head and work to that and slowly increase the number as i improve my strength.

Excellent question Austin, excellent.

You should set what’s called a “tempered rate” first. Any workout routine is NOT a program of and to itself. Components are indivdual exercises, coupled with a complete nurition plan that prepares you for each exercise.

Reps, that you refer to, should be easy at the start. You plan on an easy baseline that does not tax your ability to recoup, relax with ease, and hydrate without feeling washed out. Then, STOP AND THINK and FEEL inside what you just did. Any pain or unsual light headedness? If not, plan for your next routine (exercise). Follow the guide book, it’s great.

Although I’m not there with you - I am advising you as if you are in a rehab program. So, see for yourself how each exercise compliments your recovery/relaxing as you cool down.

Here’s a good example that’s simple and gives you instant feedback.

Do ten pushups. Stop, sit up and breath. Is your breathing labored, quick paced, normal - you be the judge. If your breathing is labored or difficult, you’re in no shape to use ten pushups as a baseline yet. Take it down a peg to about five. Try again - same results? You should breeze through five. Catch your breath, then repeat.
As you prgress with simple pushups, do you feel a burning in your shoulders and your arms? you should - but slightly. YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL ANY STRAIN IN YOUR STOMACH MUSCLES, LOWER BACK, OR LEGS. If so, your body is telling you that you need work in those areas that’ll support those body parts. And all from simple pushups.

You’re going to get advice to push the envelope, sweat it out, go till you can’t go any more. DON’T GO THERE. You’re the only one that knows your own limits, your stress level, your point when enough is enough. So, start out gradually and establish a baseline that tests your limits - BUT WITHOUT STRESS. As you progress, that baseline will increase, again, and again.

What that publication was designed to do was to help you - be a better you. It was never intended to open the door for you for a MLB tryout, next week.

I know you want results, and the sooner the better. But trust me on this, I have witnessed many a fine young prospect rush this part of their development - and no good has come of it. You’re working from a book, not hand-n-hand with a personal fitness instructor. Your attention should first focust on the nutrition section that Steve put together - it’s that good. In that regard, allow you body the benefit of getting use to nutrition that it hasn’t had before. After three weeks or more of your body adjusting to a table that’s fit for an athlete - start gradually with your workouts.

Visit the web site, PM me or anyone else who has train’d pitchers and you’ll do just fine. Don’t expect a boat load of promises, just sound advice.

Also, prior to your workouts, make sure your rested. Also, take your blood pressure and your pulse rate. Compare that with what’s normal for your age and health. Keep track prior to, during and after every workout. Do your homework on what is good for you and if any danger signs start showing up. And of course, never initiate a workout right after a prolonged illness.

Did I help you here?

Coach B.

Yes that helps a lot you cleared up a lot of things i was wondering about thank you for putting a lot of work into the post i will use the advise in tuff cuff and any workout i use in the future i am sure that this advise will help me get max use out of tuff cuff.

Austin,

VERY few young men approach a program that you’re about to begin with the planning that you seem to be doing. VERY few young men ask questions like you do. VERY few young men have the true dedication to THINK OUT a step by step process, like you’re doing here.

Now get ready for a different side of what you’re about to do.

What?

You’re going to start to improve your life in many ways. You’ll notice a much better attention span at school, a better focus, and your appearance will start to look … well, stronger … not all at once, but it will.
Some of your school associates will try to poke fun at you for being better. It’s just the way things turn out sometimes. That will be the time when a stronger inner self will require train’g as well. So, stay the course, keep your focus, and remember easy does it with a strong and steady course.

That publication that Steven put together is one of the finest publications of its kind. I have book shelves full of notes and other things that his publication condensed.

You’re going to do very well. My compliments.

Coach Baker

thank you for all the help i am sure i will have more questions as i progress in tuff cuff and i hope that you or someone just as helpful will answer the for me i am doing this because i want to be as good as i can be at the sport i love to play and anything extra that comes out of the workout is just a bonus thank you again for telling me the best way to accomplish this.