Well...i made it

i made my varsity baseball team again this year. i threw 3 innings in a scrimmage today and one of my pitching coaches worked with me on part of my leg kick and viola i have sharper control and more increase in velocity. im feeling pretty good considering i missed 3/4 of last season after straining my deltoid severly. anybody else try out yet or make their team?

Awesome! Congrats! Good luck with your upcoming season.

Well done young man!
What did you learn from your injury and how are you going about making sure it won’t happen again?

[quote=“mcelmeel17”]i made my varsity baseball team again this year. i threw 3 innings in a scrimmage today and one of my pitching coaches worked with me on part of my leg kick and viola i have sharper control and more increase in velocity. im feeling pretty good considering i missed 3/4 of last season after straining my deltoid severly. anybody else try out yet or make their team?[/quote]good luck, now you have to keep working to stay on the team

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Well done young man!
What did you learn from your injury and how are you going about making sure it won’t happen again?[/quote]

i learned not to screw around in practice. i was taking pfp with one of the pitchers and told him to hit me a hard one that i would have to backhand. he did his job. i dove even though i knew i couldnt get it. i tried to break my fall with my throwing arm and my arm and shoulder gave out. it took me 4 months to be able to throw a baseball at 100 with little to no pain. i feel good now though. i throw harder due to working out i think and just plain throwing.