Weighted Baseballs

I know this should be in the workout section but I feel as if it’ll get more recognition in this forum section. I only throw about 70 mph as a lefty. I guess my purpose for pitching is to be crafty. But, I do need more velocity. I don’t have $400 to spend on the program that Steve Delabar did. I can still use weighted balls but I’m not sure how to use them effectively . I found a workout with the use of throwing weighted balls from another post on this website. I just want to confirm if this will work.

Warm up with regular 5 oz baseball
3 minutes at 70 feet
3 minutes at 90 feet
3 minutes at 120 feet
1 minute at 70 feet
Then, at 70 feet, I would do:
20 throws with the 6 oz overweight ball
20 throws with the 4 oz underweight ball
20 throws with the regular 5 oz ball

I’d probably do this about 3x a week until spring as well as lifting weights. How much do you think this could increase my velo? Also, I’m only 5"6 135 lb.

That is a LOT of reps. Even our programs don’t have that many reps.

You can try my free weighted baseball ebook for starters.

[quote=“kyleb”]That is a LOT of reps. Even our programs don’t have that many reps.

You can try my free weighted baseball ebook for starters.

http://www.drivelinebaseball.com/our-books/free-weighted-baseball-program-ebook/[/quote]

I’ll check it out soon, thanks man. Did you ever play college ball?

Very poorly.

What happened?

Just wasn’t good enough at playing the game. Not gonna make excuses.

I was wondering why I couldn’t get you to play catch…of course having your business going full blast to a full house meant something too :wink:

I can still throw it alright! Up to like 82-83 on a good day. Not blazing it by any means :slight_smile:

Did you ever weight lift?

Did you ever weight lift?[/quote]

Oh yeah. I pushed some decent weight (DL 505, BS 455) before I got in a car accident that ruined my lower back. Our guys are lifting big weights here.

Did you ever weight lift?[/quote]

Oh yeah. I pushed some decent weight (DL 505, BS 455) before I got in a car accident that ruined my lower back. Our guys are lifting big weights here.[/quote]

I assume the accident caused you to lose velocity and stuff , right?

Well sort of. I got in the car crash when I was 27. Not a big factor then. :slight_smile:

Any idea on why you couldn’t throw past 85? :o

Well this post became useless quickly…

I’d have to start a whole new post to discuss things? -.-

Or you can PM him or even email him instead of posting replies that have nothing to do with the topic…welcome to 2013!!!

On topic…Kyles weighted ball program is really good.