Weighted Ball Program

I plan to start using weighted balls soon, I just need to find a solid program to use or base mine off of. Anything is appreciated.

Ron Wolforth’s program is very comprehensive. After an off-season with the weighted ball program, I would highly recommend it.

I released a simple free one:

But Wolforth’s is more comprehensive, obviously.

I’m going to his bootcamp in early June so I’ll pick up on his program then. But for now, thank you Kyle

Cool. Let the forum know how the bootcamp goes!

Kyle…

Do you have any updated data on your students that are using your weighted ball program? I seem to recall that you had some very good success.

Kyle,
Sent you my email address as requested on your sight and never got the program. Sure its a mix up. should I resend it?

Will Do!

[quote=“Turn 22”]Kyle,
Sent you my email address as requested on your sight and never got the program. Sure its a mix up. should I resend it?[/quote]

Should work - shoot me an email at kyle@drivelinebaseball.com mentioning the problem and I’ll personally send a copy over. Check your spam folder before doing so; this is usually the issue!

[quote=“gettingthere”]Kyle…

Do you have any updated data on your students that are using your weighted ball program? I seem to recall that you had some very good success.[/quote]

I put together a modified in-season program (not for public consumption… yet) that a D3 kid used to go from 81 to 85 as a freshman. A bench player from a top 25 HS took a year off baseball to train and walk-on to a very good local D1 program (UC school). He came in throwing 73-75 and is currently touching 86. (Regularly 90+ with the 3 oz. ball) His sinker (82-83) has become so incredibly good because he’s learned to turn the ball over with the heavier baseballs that it easily outclasses all the pro and other college guys who have come in here. It’s scary.

He went to his UC school’s tryout and despite the middling velocity for a RHP, his sinker blew them away. He’ll be there in 2013; we hope to have him touching 88-89 before he leaves Seattle.

I have a few thousand copies of the book out there and some people are starting to report back; I hope to hear some good news from them all :slight_smile:

Kyle,
I started the program today and was wondering from what position should I throw the ball? Both knees, standing, crow hop etc?

Detailed in this video:

A quick update: The aforementioned college freshman was 93, 92, 92 today with a 3 oz ball -AFTER throwing super heavy baseballs in an experimental program. Really can’t wait until Friday’s side session to get his velos.