Weighted ball program-Tap Weighted Balls

I’m curious to what throwing routines are out there these. I’m looking to get a set of these balls, but I have been unable to find any mention of a program that I can get an idea of what to do for it.

I’d love to hear if anyone has used these extensively and what kind of workouts they have done with them(sets, reps, etc)

We use them every day. Check our YouTube

for videos.

EDIT: But we don’t use them as much as The Athletic Pitcher does.

[quote=“kyleb”]We use them every day. Check our YouTube

for videos.

EDIT: But we don’t use them as much as The Athletic Pitcher does.[/quote]

You rang?

And for jimster, I used the Athletic Pitcher program in college. We used 1 oz underweight, regulation, 1 oz over, 3 oz over, 1 lb, and 2 lb balls. I can post a general routine if you would like.

That would great if you could BenFa!

We used 2 lb balls just about every day. For a starting program, you should work your way up from maybe 1 set of 5 reps to 1 set of 10 reps as you get comfortable with it and up to 5-7 different exercises. I probably shouldn’t post the exact exercises we use (Wolforth would probably prefer to sell his program rather than me give it out for free), but basically you are throwing it against a brick wall (or something hard). Try to look through some of Kyleb’s exercises and make sure you are using exercises where you throw frontward and ones where you throw backward. On the backward throws, make sure you’re keeping your elbow stable at shoulder height and flick your forearm backward at a 90 degree angle.

In addition to the aforementioned prehab stuff. we also use weighted balls for velocity increase. I’d recommend 2-3 days a week for these exercises. For a starting program, you can work your way up from 1 set of 2-3 reps per ball to 1 set of 4 reps per ball. We use the whole gamut of weighted balls but start with the heavier and work your way down to the lighter. For the different exercises, you could progress from an exercises with static feet; a simple step and throw; a step behind throw; and a crowhop.

I can try to answer more questions if you have any. I’d highly recommend a program. My arm felt weak and tired when I started it, but eventually my arm felt better than it ever had. Now that I am off the program, I can really see that it made a difference. Good luck.

Did you ever do anything like the holds that the NPA is doing now?

We used to but discontinued for the following reasons:

Thanks! I just ordered the set of the balls today. So I’ll probably have more questions once I start using them

Jim my son has used Kyle B.s program for three sessions now and results are good. In addition to picking up velo his stamina has increased.
I do realize that other factors also figure into velo and stamina increases but the weighted ball program has definitely been a part of it.

Any suggestions on a program for a 14U team?

Got my set of tap balls in earlier this week.

I have used them a couple of times and I’m liking them so far. Warms up my arm really well and it gives me something to do as a cool down after games. I like them a lot so far