Weight Loss HELP

Ive been injured for the last three weeks, but in that time of HAVING to do nothing, ive put on 8-10kgs or 17-23pounds!! im sure someone else here has a problem of looking at food and putting on weight.

I need help in getting right down passed where i was originaly, can anyone suggest a way to loss weight fast thats doesnt effect preformance.
I am currently 123Kgs or 270 pounds, and i am extremely unhappy with where i am because is bloody frustrating. I dont care what i have to do aslong as i have the resources to do it.

Thanks

i personally dont have any problem with weight

i could eat and eat and eat and not gain a pound

im 130 pounds and eat like a pig

now that ur jelous maybe you should stop eating so much? :wink:

just eat good food. not all these chips and fatty foods.

[quote=“Booma”]Ive been injured for the last three weeks, but in that time of HAVING to do nothing, ive put on 8-10kgs or 17-23pounds!! im sure someone else here has a problem of looking at food and putting on weight.

I need help in getting right down passed where i was originaly, can anyone suggest a way to loss weight fast thats doesnt effect preformance.
I am currently 123Kgs or 270 pounds, and i am extremely unhappy with where i am because is bloody frustrating. I dont care what i have to do aslong as i have the resources to do it.

Thanks[/quote]
Getting active again would be the #1 goal. Try to find something that you can do which doesn’t cause any pain (worsening the injury is a concern). I’d start with a fasted cardio session in the early morning (no food beforehand), something lengthy with somewhat lower intensity. Then, later in the day (afternoon or evening) go with a high intensity interval routine. The combination of these two things should have an immediate effect and put you back in the right direction.

For the long term, start setting reachable goals and work towards those. Do not go to an extreme and work out like a madman for 2 weeks, only to drop the program and fall back into old habits. You have to make changes slowly and adapt them to your life. It can be little things, like switching from regular soda to diet soda (1 glass = 150 calories or more). Make small changes like that and you would be amazed at the difference it can make.

Beyond that, try to take better control of your portion sizes. Eat more meals, 4-6 throughout the day. Each meal should have a lean protein source and some kind of fruit or vegetable.

Excellent advice from kc86. You know as much as longer-distance cardio takes a bum rap as a form of pitching training, it’s really the best way to lose weight. But no healthy weight loss is quick. 1 to 1.5 pounds a week is generally considered healthy. More than that and you may jeopardize strength. You’re also going to feel lethargic.

Supplements such as Hydroxycut and Advocare MNS can help decrease appetite because they contain stimulants like caffeine. I don’t recommend them for long-term use. But they sometimes can help curb that appetite and give you energy to get active again. But again, if you’re losing more than 1.5 pounds a week, you’re pushing on not being healthy.

Yep, I think too many people approach weight loss as a race, but they forget that the real “race” is the one that is going to last for the next 50-80 years of your life. If being in good shape is important to you, and for most athletes it should be your number one concern, then you can take your time and do things the right way.

Also, forgot to mention, but after a couple weeks you should add in more strength training days in addition to the cardio (3-4 days a week). You do not want to lose muscle, because that will result in fewer calories burned by your body (and more muscle equals more caloric burn).

From personal experience. I was in a similar situation, totally unhappy with myself around january. I was about 200 lbs. and overweight. Well it’s six months later and I’m now 160 lbs and extremely happy with myself and how I look. Here are a couple of things that helped me along the way.

1. Become knowledgable in the subject. Learn about nutrition, fitness, and health in general. It will make the process more enjoyable and easier. You can find information here from many of the great posters here on the board or just make a free profile on Ediets and they will send you free newsletters with emails loaded with information. Just learn it and you will lose it.

2. Realize what you are about to do is for a lifetime. Don’t say, “Well once I get down to there I can go back to my normal life.” It doesn’t work like that. Diet is a bad word in my mind. It’s not a diet. It’s a life style change.

3. Set goals for yourself appearance wise and performance wise. Don’t say, “We’ll if I get to that weight, I’ll be happy.”

4. Commit yourself to working hard. Realize fitness and working hard are now apart of your life.

Diet Tips:

-Cut portion size, eat only one helping, you’ll be surprised how much food is plenty for you.
-Replace a can of soda with water, it’s simple even if it’s only once a day.
-Don’t put your self in situations in which you will binge on food due to boredom.
-Eat Breakfast!!! VERY IMPORTANT
-Fruits are great in a diet, rasberries and strawberries make easy quick snacks
-Almonds are a true hidden gem, supplement them in over a salty or sweet calorie ridden junk food, they are great for you.

You are a long road. It’s called life. The changed you want to make in your life are for the better and will help you for the rest of your time here on earth. Good luck with everything and PM me if you need anything or are looking for help.

123Kgs or 270 pounds?? Do proper workout specially concentrate on your cardio fitness. Break your meal in to 5 to 6 different times of whole day. Add some fat burning foods in your diet plan. Here are some good fat burning foods that my fitness trainer recommend me:

Oatmeal
Almonds and Other Nuts
Protein Powder
Olive Oil
Berries
Eggs
Beans and Legumes
Lean Meats and Fish
Whole Grains

Best Of Luck
http://health.reviewship.com/truth-about-cellulite-joey-atlas-review/
=)

First-- good advice, Linda.
Second-- this post is seven years old :wink: However, I’m sure there are people who would benefit from a review of this thread. I had partially torn both my ACL and MCL in a gruesome guitar accident. (Too embarrassing to go into greater detail.) I could not walk or run for some time and put on a lot of weight during the mending process.

I’ve lost approximately 30 pounds over the past several months due to replacing red meat with fish and nuts and completely eliminating soda and fruit juice from my diet. I’m more than halfway to my target weight by coupling dietary changes with additional exercise. I put up a portable basketball hoop in the driveway–which I use every day for 20-30 mins. I also installed a pitcher’s mound in my backyard so my son and I can easily keep up on his/our throwing cycle. My backyard is also just the right size to conduct reduced - flight batting practice (using pickle balls). They do not break apart like wiffle balls or other plastic baseballs when struck with a regular bat… However, we do mix in wiffle balls to simulate curves and sinkers. We throw and bat on every decent day we are home together. My daughter has also found that hitting the smaller balls helps her make better contact with a softball. Everyone wins.

Now, I just have to show discipline through the dreaded quadruple holiday (Halloween through New Year). Also known to me as the Winter Food Festival. Wish me luck!

nothing wrong with red meat, but it is a higher fat and therefore higher calorie source of protein! High fat meats are great when the goal is to gain weight, but lean meats are much more effective when the goal is to lose fat because they fill you up, satisfy your protein requirements with less calories.

Glad you’ve been having success CoachPaul, just realize its not due to some magic formula, but due to reducing calories while increasing activity :slight_smile: Red meat is not the devil, even fruit juice and soda are not the devil. Excess calories are, when the goal is to lose fat. I lost fat following a flexible dieting approach, and as long as my calories and macro numbers were in check I kept losing fat. I even had buffalo wings, burgers, etc. when I went out to restaurants, as long as I was smart about it and kept overall intake in line, like I said.

It gets harder the leaner you get, you really need to continue dialing in your diet and exercising hard! Just be careful you don’t totally starve yourself, that’s when metabolism slows down and you hit plateaus.

:wink: