Weak shoulder strength - specific exercises to help

I have a 14 year old son…was pitching well, mid 70s with decent mechanics and started complaining of shoulder soreness and pain a couple inches down his arm only when throwing at >75% effort.
He’s been to physio for 4 weeks doing mostly rotary cuff strengthening and it isn’t getting better…went to a doctor and was shocked to hear his shoulder strength on pitching side is 50% strength of his left shoulder.
Now they are telling me his shoulder blades have poor stability and he needs something like a figure 8 harness to keep the shoulder blades stable then work on strengthen his shoulder. Looks like 4 weeks of physio with minimal improvement.
Is this a common problem in young pitchers…how did his shoulder get so weak so fast…anybody know of any strength drills to help or figure 8 harness for pitchers. Only 5 weeks of the season left.
Help

Please see Coach Baker’s reply to your post in the
http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=146459#146459][u]Shoulder Pain Help thread[/u

Hi,

I just got on this site. As an ex Olympic Lifter and who has a son who is a whiner and who wants to be a pitcher, I have probably seen every overuse shoulder injury there is.
The most common things that are missed by MD’s and PT’s is a mild shoulder separation, and a subluxing bicipital tendon. Also look at an anatomy book and look at the insertion of the deltoid muscle. They insert lower down than you imagine. Pain in this area is a deltoid dysfunction.
If you tell me where you live, I might be able to give you the name of someone who can help.
That being said, where exactly is his pain?