Watched this kid tonight

Found him interesting and in the Cape Cod league he was effective

His lower body looks good. The hand break and arm swing is short and looks awkward , but stays in rhythm with the legs, so I cant complain. I will complain about the the bendy hip movement while waiting on the rubber :roll:

I don’t about this guy … his hip action is a little more than just suggestive. If I were the batter, I’d be mindful of a wink, a smile, and dinner and flowers after the game…

But then, that’s just me…

:rofl2:

Channeling a little Elvis perhaps?

Not that he’s old enough to know Elvis…

My point in bringing this to everyone…and it appears missed :wink:
is it is so rare to see someone, particularly American kids, stray from the very tight mechanical model we “impose” through peer pressure. I remember Fergusen Jenkins was all movement and elbows in his delivery…and Juan Marischall omg wouldn’t he be corrected today…heck when Paul Byrd was doing his double pump wind-up everyone was amused but still no one took that seriously…I remember a Cubs relief pitcher from the 60’s…his name was Phil Regan…he literally threw his arm behind him like someone was trying to twist his arm…to me that sort of thing was part of the “art” of pitching…look at video of Bob Gibson…he’d be corrected right into mediocrity today imo.
Not that I expect it to change…but I just thought perhaps we could appreciate that pitching does have some unique and personal movements (Remember this kid from Washington with that strange kick and lunging delivery that everyone…during the time he was coming up, predicted would destroy lil Timmy’s arm?) and celebrate that originality…

“…is it is so rare to see someone, particularly American kids, stray from the very tight mechanical model we “impose” through peer pressure…”

I wouldn’t say that this kid strayed from tight mechanical model(s)… my first impression was… ,this kid threw a wheel weight and was pulling to the right a bit…

A bit of a hitch in his giddy-up you say…

[size=24]Yeeeuuupp![/size]

http://s216.photobucket.com/user/CoachBaker/media/yep_zps5e78a6f8.jpg.html][img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/CoachBaker/yep_zps5e78a6f8.jpg[/img