I’m in my Freshmen year of college, and tried to walk on this year at UBC in Vancouver, BC. Unfortunately I didn’t make it, so I wanted to keep this log to keep track of my progress for next year’s tryouts. I’m originally from Oregon, and I’m up in BC until the end of April at which point I will go home and play on an 19U team during the summer. So this winter and fall are purposed towards gaining velocity as that is the main reason I didn’t make the team. My control is good with all my pitches, except for those off days. Over the past two years I’ve tried focusing on lowering my BF% which I realize now was probably only hurting my gains. So now my goal is to gain strength specific towards pitching, primarily using the Tuff Cuff workout.
Height: 6’ 2”
Pitching Arsenal: 4-seam fastball (w/ 2-seam tail), curveball, changeup, and cutter
• Increase velocity to 85-86
• Develop a stronger lower body
• Increase overall strength
• Improve conditioning
How will I achieve these goals:
• Following the workouts in Tuff Cuff
• Eating healthy but eating 3,500 calories and increase with weight gain
• Follow the 90-day throwing program in Tuff Cuff with changing bits in pieces to incorporate the Jaeger Long Toss program and weighted ball program from Tuff Cuff.