Waking up with a headache

So every morning for the past two weeks I have been waking up with a headache. I had the same issue in November-December where I consistently wake up with a headache each morning. It usually goes away as the day goes on, and I feel great before going to bed. Anybody have an idea as to what this issue may be?

Do you primarily sleep on your back, side, or stomach? Which position are you in when you wake up? How many pillows do you use? How firm is your mattress?

Are you drinking enough water? Have you been on any meds that dry you up that may lead to more overnight dehydration than normal?

CS, You should see a doctor if you are suffering from chronic headaches in the morning.

Asking for a diagnosis and/or treatment for medical problems on an internet forum is pointless at best, and very possibly risky if you put any stock into the answers you get.

la,

Point well made and understood. However read his pitching blog for Jan 23rd.

thanks, JP–given that additional information I think CS should continue to discuss his symptoms in person with a doctor who is familiar with his recent medical history.

I didn’t even think that it may have something to do with the antibiotics I am/was on (my last day was sunday but they affect you for another 5 days).
My question is do you think the ZMA that I am taking may have something to do with it?

That’s a question for your doctor. Go see him.

Were you taking antibiotics in Nov. when you were also experiencing the headaches?

No. I was not.

The headaches you are describing are commonly due to a structural issue - I see this all the time (and is simple to correct). Where are you located? I can possibly refer you to a qualified doc who can help you out if it is indeed a structural problem. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

You don’t drink coffee, do you?

Hey guys, sorry for the late response on this, I just wanted to be sure my headaches went away with what I was doing.

After what Structure said about the possibly skeletal issue, I decided to take a look at my diet the past few days. As you all know, college cafeteria food isn’t exactly the best on the system, and it is usually less nutritious than other foods just like it. I then ended up looking at my vitamin intakes with food, vitamins, etc. I found that I was just barely getting the Vitamin D minimum each day. This however, would not be enough if I were say, D deficient, as most people are, especially during the winter when we spend less time with the sun than we should.

So off to Walmart I went, and I got some D-3, which can be absorbed the best by the body, as compared with other forms such as D-2. I take 1 a day at 1000 IU on top of the regular multivitamin and the food intake i have daily.

Needless to say, within a day, the headaches were gone. Furthermore, I haven’t had a headache since. Just thought this would be a good update for you guys, and I appreciate the input!

Glad to hear it! Headaches suck!