Video Of Me Pitching

This is some video of me pitching in my backyard. I have already found a flaw in my motion which has never been a problem for me(my arm is to close to my body/head when I am releasing the ball) I would like to he from some people to suggest some other flas(if any) in my motion!

here is the front view

here is the side view

Comments please…

[quote=“shenbaseball10”]This is some video of me pitching in my backyard. I have already found a flaw in my motion which has never been a problem for me(my arm is to close to my body/head when I am releasing the ball) I would like to he from some people to suggest some other flas(if any) in my motion!

here is the front view

here is the side view

Comments please…[/quote]i dont know about the flaw you mentioned, dosent look too bad, how old are you? your mechanics look pretty solid

I am 14 years old and as an 8th grader last year played on freshmen. I am in 9th grade now.

These “youtube” videos are of limited value. It’s much more effective if we can pause the video and step through them frame by frame. Countrypoet changed to “yousendit.com” and that was great because we could download the actual file and play it in Quicktime (as long as the format is avi, gif, mov or mpg). Try that.

You arm isnt to close. You throw over the top.

Bend your leg more it looks kind of stiff, which in turn generates less velocity. Your release is fine but it’s just your knee that I see wrong. Bring it into more of a L shape. But remember be limber.

what do you mean bend your leg more? are you suggesting that he should drop and drive?

What I meant by that was he needs to bring his leg up in more of a 90* angle and then bring it down with his arm for more velocity. In many cases people do nto achieve maximum velocity due to poor leg work. The majority of a pitchers power comes from being able to push off the rubber and bring all of his energy together and release it properly. Arm strenght is important but, not as important as a good push off of the mound. Note Roger Clemen’s push off the mound is excellent for power. Watch his leg and you will know what I mean by more of a L shape. Also try to be a loose as possible almost “whip like” Stiffness generates friction.

[quote=“WhiteSox101”]Note Roger Clemen’s push off the mound is excellent for power.[/quote]Sorry, but I don’t see this big push off the mound in Clemens. He rolls over his back foot and then “rotates” off the mound, like pretty much everyone else. Where in his delivery is the push?

Right before he releases the ball. Make sure you’re watching him pitch in a game not the bullpen. He actually throws his hardest when in games, thats when this “push” I am talking about is obvious.It’s also not like he’s pushing his self of the mound. He is pushing the ball.

This pushing off the rubber is very tempting. On a gun, I gained abou 8 - 9 mph (71 mph) more when pushing off the rubber, BUT here’s a big BUT, my shoulder took a beating. I went back to not pushing off the rubber and I could only hit 61 mph, but my shoulder felt fine. Pushing off the rubber is something that you hear at little league games all the time, I think this is a big mistake.

I think I will just stick with rotating off the mound for now.

I would only reccomed pushing off the rubber on certain or important pitches. Like you said I have experienced some arm pain, but lift weights and condition yourself properly and you shouldn’t have any problems. I can hit 80-85 with my fast ball and I really didn’t push off to hard.

I agree.

I think pushing off the rubber is a myth.

[quote=“JKDJose”]This pushing off the rubber is very tempting. On a gun, I gained abou 8 - 9 mph (71 mph) more when pushing off the rubber, BUT here’s a big BUT, my shoulder took a beating. I went back to not pushing off the rubber and I could only hit 61 mph, but my shoulder felt fine. Pushing off the rubber is something that you hear at little league games all the time, I think this is a big mistake.

I think I will just stick with rotating off the mound for now.[/quote]

Chances are that when you tried to push off the rubber you changed your timing such that your arm had to play catch-up. That is what put the beating on your arm.

[quote=“Roger”][quote=“JKDJose”]This pushing off the rubber is very tempting. On a gun, I gained abou 8 - 9 mph (71 mph) more when pushing off the rubber, BUT here’s a big BUT, my shoulder took a beating. I went back to not pushing off the rubber and I could only hit 61 mph, but my shoulder felt fine. Pushing off the rubber is something that you hear at little league games all the time, I think this is a big mistake.

I think I will just stick with rotating off the mound for now.[/quote]

Chances are that when you tried to push off the rubber you changed your timing such that your arm had to play catch-up. That is what put the beating on your arm.[/quote]

Yep. You are correct, but I think this momentum can be achieved by the having the stride perfected by moving forward at leg lift. I will keep practing this for a few weeks and let you know the results of my arm and speed. I will post video when I have practiced it enough. I really appreciate all of the tips and advice.