Video of 16 Year Old Sophomore ( No Mound)

Please Check Out The Video and Critique me , I realize it may not look like im throwing my hardest , it was an akward situation, so please bare with me. Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuEqUigLoqc&feature=youtu.be

Okay, I’m going to post what I see and everyone feel free to correct me or disagree with me. I’m always looking to learn.

First thing is obviously intent. You said you weren’t throwing your hardest. Why not? I understand you had no mound for whatever reason, but why not throw your hardest or as close as you could? It’s your video, if you want constructive help why not give us good stuff to work with?

Secondly I noticed your motion was very slow. The faster you move and control it the harder you will move, that goes hand in hand with intent. Look how quickly Strasburg is moving when he throws and look at how he’s trying to throw hard.

Also to me it doesn’t look like you loading your scaps or your pelvis. Both this make up for a good amount of your velocity.

Scapular Loading

Pelvic Loading

Okay so obviously my images and video didnt post, copy and paste to see what I mean

You need to throw…all the time, search around (On the net for one you like) but get on a throwing program, get around people who play at a high level…you will improve, you look like you need to get more relaxed with the athletic form of pitching…pitch in front of a mirror. You can look into college camps or clinics too. I am suggesting that you need more “schooling” in the basic body flow…it looks like you are strong and can throw it hard.

It will take focus and hard work. Right now I wouldn’t try too hard to figure the finer points, you’ll be amazed at just how much better you get by working on it regularly over time…you’ll be one scarey senior…and get your self a chance for some college ball if you work hard enough.

Thnak you very much for your input Sir , I iwll create a new video throwing like i would in a game , basically my hardest to give you the full effect. I will include the two things you told me about that i had no idea even existed. So pelvic loading occurs when im turning my hips to into my stride and extend my front leg correct? And Scapular Loading is performing the ‘W’ upon the pre-delivery. Thanks so much

[quote=“jdfromfla”]You need to throw…all the time, search around (On the net for one you like) but get on a throwing program, get around people who play at a high level…you will improve, you look like you need to get more relaxed with the athletic form of pitching…pitch in front of a mirror. You can look into college camps or clinics too. I am suggesting that you need more “schooling” in the basic body flow…it looks like you are strong and can throw it hard.

It will take focus and hard work. Right now I wouldn’t try too hard to figure the finer points, you’ll be amazed at just how much better you get by working on it regularly over time…you’ll be one scarey senior…and get your self a chance for some college ball if you work hard enough.[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement, this summer or offseason rather , i will try to implement a throwing program within my summer ball and over the next 10 months until next season, i will try to perfect my mechanics , Thank you , i will look into college camps

Pelvic loading (to the best of y knowledge) starts during leg kick, when I left my leg up I left my knee towards my belly button, the tension I get there I try to maintain up until the last possible second before my plant foot lands.

Scapular loading isn’t nessecarily the inverted w (something I use when I throw but some people say it leads to injury although its ISNT scientifically proven) Scapular loading is basically when you pull you elbows back and contract your scapula muscles and pull your scaps together.

Jd also gave you some good knowledge. Also study high level throwers, I myself am completely fascinated in how a human vein can throw a ball at times over 100 mph, so I study how they do it, it seems tedious at first but it pays off in the end.

Yeah thanks ALot , Funny you say that because all day long ive been analyzing different mechanical techniques of Clemens, Chapman, Strasburg, Randy, and even Maddux , Thanks a plenty