Very off topic

We can’t get this peacock out of our yard, animal control is closed and no zoos around are open. Coyotes live all around our house, any suggestions? Lol Anyone who is gonna say shoot it don’t bother

I’m at a loss. Are you F–ing serious. A F–ING PEACOCK???

Don’t shoot it. Wait for animal resque. Call SPCA. Of course, knowing them, they might “put it to sleep”.

yea… its getting angry, keeps doing the big tail thing, just watching it out the window lol

Shoot it with a .22. Dont try a pellet gun. This is assuming you dont have neighbors real close, and make sure you have an adequate backstop.

I deleted it for a reason. :oops:

lol thanks for the backup Bower

Possibly the worst idea i’ve heard. Sorry to get into another war with you, Jacobs, but you REALLY violate the law by doing that. Besides, a .22 won’t do a 1 hit ko. Probably need a 9mm, .3 or .5 to ensure a 1 hit ko. Maybe a shotgun. BUT DON’T SHOOT IT. Keep it there, and then contact animal control. I know a certain zoo in SF that might want it. But seriously, Jacobs, that is a horrible idea. What exactly will shooting it acomplish? A .22 will ensure a painful death. Don’t do what he tells you to do. Oh, and Bower, nice pounding it into his head.

Believe it or not I’ve dealt with it before…just keep walking at it, if it veers raise your arm to the side he veers and coax him out the gate…now if you get gators in your pond…I usually send them on vacation along with the water mocassin on the front porch, but birds will shy away until they feel no stress…no need to hurt or scare it unduely.

And don’t pick it up unless you want it to poop on your foot, leg and everything else in the area.

A long time ago, a neighbor of mine who lived on the outskirts of a game preserve, had problems with wild turkeys. The tom’s (males) can be aggresive at certain times during the year, and since he had kids, he’s was always worried about one of the kids getting hurt by these toms.

So, at the time, the only real place to get any kind of consultation on just about any subject going … was at our local American Legion Post… especially during happy hour.

And… off he went … and returned with advice from a noble collection of experts… and here’s what they came up with.

::::: Sprinkle the shrubs and ground (not on the grass) with black pepper. Since these birds are scavengers…PEACOCKS included, pepper leaves an order that doesn’t aggree with them.::::::::

It worked!!! Gone where the hens and the toms after two weeks. And during the end November here in New England … his family sits down to that customary Holiday dinner… and says with thanks … PLEASE PASS THE PEPPER!!

So, I’ll say to you what I say to my pitchers when there about to start … Go Get’m Kid!

Coach B.

Besides, a .22 won’t do a 1 hit ko. Probably need a 9mm, .3 or .5 to ensure a 1 hit ko. Maybe a shotgun. BUT DON’T SHOOT IT. Keep it there, and then contact animal control. I know a certain zoo in SF that might want it. But seriously, Jacobs, that is a horrible idea. What exactly will shooting it acomplish? A .22 will ensure a painful death. Don’t do what he tells you to do. Oh, and Bower, nice pounding it into his head.[/quote]

Hate to break it to you but the chances of hitting a peacock good with a handgun are very small. I doubt there are very few people that could hit a peacock better with a 9mm than a .22. It shouldn’t be a challenge for a .22 headshot on a peacock depending on how close but I wouldn’t even consider a body shot with a 9mm. A 9mm is a .45 stun gun. If shooting was an option, I’m not sure if it’s illegal or not probably is then a shotgun around no5 shot should take care of a peacock but not a 9mm. If you really wanted to ensure a non-painful death a shotgun would do it. Or maby a 50 caliber. Whichever you chose.

MAYBE AN RPG WOULD WORK

That would be above say a 50 caliber for least painful death.

Actually, you can probably get a tank from the russian army for about 30000 rubles. That should work. An RPG should also work. Because of the 2nd amendment, I think that you can own an RPG.

while your at it strap some c4 to a suet cake and watch the fireworks

Ya’ll realize this is just are building up more and more evidence that 1st person shooter games should be tightly controlled right?

:applaud:

Thinking of new ways to shoot a fking peacock? CALL THE FCKING ANIMAL CONTROL!

Haha, nope just an avid hunter.

Well with a tactical termo nuclear device designed for collateral attrition the thing’ll get gone also :shock:

I say napalm is a great substitue for walking him out the gate…and you’ll have a lovely lawn after everything grows back 8)
I hear it smells like victory…early in the morning…now this is according to Robert Duvall…so take it for what it’s worth… :wink:

Nothing wrong with getting a little silly…no need to get upset or frustrated.