Velocity

What are some drills that you can do by yourself to gain anywhere from 4-mph on fastball?

[quote=“cpstack”]What are some drills that you can do by yourself to gain anywhere from 4-mph on fastball?[/quote]weighted balls

Long toss …work your legs out…propper mechanics…

Proper mechanics defenitely. I developed a sound kinetic chain and started more of a total body pitching style and believe me, it has helped a ton. My catcher, and teammates I work with in the off season have noticed the change in velocity, and this is pre-weight lifting, pre-weighted ball training, pre-sprinting that I plan to do this summer/fall/winter.

haven’t weighted balls been pretty discredited at this point?

I would disagree they’ve worked for a fair amount of people around the forum and I haven’t seen anyone say they didn’t work while doing a proper program (no 8oz 9oz ball junk)

tell me your weighted ball success stories… the oz ball and how you use it… I’m open-mided to it…

buddy, if there was an easy way everyone would be throwing 95. The best thing is to work out everything and get in good shape.

In addition to what others said.

[quote=“NC15”]buddy, if there was an easy way everyone would be throwing 95. The best thing is to work out everything and get in good shape.

In addition to what others said.[/quote]

He didn’t say he wanted to throw 95 easily. He was simply asking for things he could do, as in things he could WORK ON, to throw harder. He didn’t ask for a miracle pill.

Actually, for $39.95, I will sell you the one and only 95 mph miracle pill! :roll:

Andrew,
search the board for weighted balls. Somebody posted a report that detailed the improvement of players that used weighted balls versus those that didnt. It works.

[quote=“SnakeManiac72”][quote=“NC15”]buddy, if there was an easy way everyone would be throwing 95. The best thing is to work out everything and get in good shape.

In addition to what others said.[/quote]

He didn’t say he wanted to throw 95 easily. He was simply asking for things he could do, as in things he could WORK ON, to throw harder. He didn’t ask for a miracle pill.[/quote]
Yeah, my bad, I was reading another one, and this belonged there, not here.