velocity

I throw low 70s right now and am 16. I right now throw generally a bullpen of about 60 pitches a day. I generally long toss every other day.

So My schedule is like this
day 1: bullpen, long toss
2: bullpen
3: bullpen, long toss
4: bullpen
and so on

I am hoping to be a starter on varsity next year. I have good control and goodmovement but I was wondering how much velocity I could gain by next march or so

I wouldnt throw a bullpen everyday. I would take a day off everyonce an awhile.

well, fixing your mechs would be a good start to getting more velo

i know that personally, scrictly thru mechanics i top at 81

dont do any workouts or long toss or bullpens or anything, just the occasional catch with dad

as for throwing a bullpen everyday thats a bit much… might want 2-3 days off a week to give your body time to recover or you wont be getting any stronger

theres really no way of telling how much you could possibly gain… u could gain as much as 20MPH (not realisticly) or you could gain 2MPH or gain nothing… its all about your work ethic and mechanics

A video would help us help you

your velocity realy depends on how much you work and how good your mechanics are. Without good mechanics you will never be able to throw to your full potential.

Arsenal:
4 seam(70)
curve(12-6)
circle change(60)
working on slider

[quote=“OffSet”]well, fixing your mechs would be a good start to getting more velo

i know that personally, scrictly thru mechanics i top at 81

dont do any workouts or long toss or bullpens or anything, just the occasional catch with dad

as for throwing a bullpen everyday thats a bit much… might want 2-3 days off a week to give your body time to recover or you wont be getting any stronger

theres really no way of telling how much you could possibly gain… u could gain as much as 20MPH (not realisticly) or you could gain 2MPH or gain nothing… its all about your work ethic and mechanics[/quote]
you should do workouts thow because clearly you have the potential to throw upper 80’s if your riding 81 just on mechs.
right now I can top out around 77-78 with okay mechs and good arm speed.