Velocity

I was kinda curious, does anyone have any idea what an average velocity is for a pro who throws 90 mph when they were 15 years old. I know some people develop later than others, but what do you think the average would be?

[quote=“joba62”]I was kinda curious, does anyone have any idea what an average velocity is for a pro who throws 90 mph when they were 15 years old. I know some people develop later than others, but what do you think the average would be?[/quote]i throw 92-94 now and when i was 15 i think i was throwing 78-80…i bet thats around most of them maybe higher…

wow, I must be way behind then, thats pretty fast.

I think what Tanner said is a good average, but dont kill yourself if youre behind the curve because it varies. Clemens, Seaver, and Wagner never got it over 80 in high school. Zumaya was drafted only throwing in the high 80s now he throws 100+. Lincecum sat upper 80s at 18 now he throw upper 90s. Better yet, Lincecum threw low 90s when he was drafted in '05 and by the '06 draft he was throwing upper 90s. Mariners reliever Morrow was high 80s out of high school and jumped into the high 90s in college. Keep your head up and work hard on your mechanics and conditioning and you’ll get there.

Thanks a lot velocityaddict for the info. Ive always kinda worried when it comes to velocity, I have good mechanics but not great velocity (top out in the low70s). After reading your reply I have more confidence that I can get to the next level.