Velocity and Temperature

At what temperature do you feel like provides you the best opportunity to maximize your velocity?

I find that when its about 75-80 degrees and humid I maximize my velocity.

i wonder if the reason for this is because muscles are flexible because of the heat or if its because your body and muscles are hydrated…
for me though i’m not really sure i just cant pitch more than 3 or 4 innings consistently it seems in below 15 degree weather.(Celsius btw, i’m in Canada :D)

I need it to be above 65F for me to feel like I can maximize.

We’ve all heard about “hot weather pitchers”. The warmer it gets, the better—and faster—they pitch. It does have to do with the fact that when it’s warm—say, 75 degrees Fahrenheit and above—the muscles are loose and flexible. And, of course, in that kind of weather pitchers do consume a lot of fluids, so they are indeed well hydrated. So all of you guys are right. :slight_smile:

[quote=“chew1109”]At what temperature do you feel like provides you the best opportunity to maximize your velocity?
I find that when its about 75-80 degrees and humid I maximize my velocity.[/quote]

Probably most pitchers have a certain temperature range where they are most comfortable while pitching.
It is usually easiest to pitch while the temperature is warm enough to keep the arm and muscles warmed up and loose, yet not hot enough to be uncomfortable for the pitcher.

I think it could have to do from where you live. Someone in Florida would most likely prefer and is used to pitching in hotter weather compared to somebody in Washington. You get used to warming up and your pregame rituals do the weather you play in.

Give me 90s and I’ll give you 90s back :slight_smile:

(Back in the day, of course. I bet I couldn’t hit 80 these days lol :slight_smile: But … I can hit a mean fungo!)