Velocity and stamina?

what are some things in mechanics that can add about 5 mph to your fastball quickly?

like leading with the hip more? how much will this add?

not showing the ball to 2nd base? how much? if anything?

staying closed, shoulders still facing 3rd while hips are rotated to home? how much velocity?

triple extension? what can it do for me?

what else can add some velocity and what are some drills to make sure im doing these things or that will help me build them into my delivery where they are natural?

Now stamina, I can throw hard for a few innings maybe 3 or 4 and I start to get hammered… how can I increase my pitches? I only had one good outing last year in allstars where I pitched 6 innings, 97 pitches, 2 ER, 4 hits allowed. we had a pitch count you cant go over 95 but I did.

It depends on how good your current mechanics are. If you already have good mechanics, it would probably be difficult to get another 5mph through further improvements. On the other hand, if your mechanics suck then 5mph might be pretty easy to achieve.

Keep in mind that good mechanics aren’t just about velocity. They’re also about other things like movement, deception and staying healthy.

[quote=“Roger”]It depends on how good your current mechanics are. If you already have good mechanics, it would probably be difficult to get another 5mph through further improvements. On the other hand, if your mechanics stink then 5mph might be pretty easy to achieve.

Keep in mind that good mechanics aren’t just about velocity. They’re also about other things like movement, deception and staying healthy.[/quote]

well im having some pain in my elbow, but I dont really lead with my hips or stay closed long enough I dont think anyway. I also long arm the ball. how could I add some deception to my delivery?

leading with your hip and taking a longer stride can increase both velocity and stamina

That could be due to overuse or it could be due to your mechanics. Or both.

Staying closed and rotating late is a good way to…
…add deception by keeping the ball hidden longer
…better use your body to maximize velocity
…better use your body to take stress off the arm
…move your release point closer to home and increase your perceived velocity

That could be due to overuse or it could be due to your mechanics. Or both.

Staying closed and rotating late is a good way to…
…add deception by keeping the ball hidden longer
…better use your body to maximize velocity
…better use your body to take stress off the arm
…move your release point closer to home and increase your perceived velocity[/quote]

percieved is like where my 70 mph fastball might look like 75 mph to the hitter? but will still read 70? also staying closed? do you have an article on drills i could do to help work it in? or focus on while pitching?

and isnt it when your hips rotate before your shoulders?