Variations of Palmball

I throw the palmball, I usually get a sink and cutting action out of it. If I use variations of it, like one time have it cut, then the next time have it veer, would it be as useful as the fastball variations?

If your talking about comparing your changeup to someone who can make their fastball move away and into the hitters then absolutely that would be helpful.

Whether its true or not I always hear from commentators and people in baseball that Right-handed pitchers don’t like to throw their change-ups to Right-handed hitters because if you throw it on the outside corner and could come back over the plate and be a “fat” pitch. So if you have a change-up that drops and moves away from the Right-handed hitter if your right-handed yourself then it would be really useful. Thought occasionally i would still throw the changeup that would go back into their bat, and or make sure you keep throwing your fastball inside so they don’t lean over the plate.

of course it’s useful.

in the bigs, all these guys have circle changes that make screwball taking actions… however, being that I"m not of big league talent my circle change does not tail inside consistently… sometimes I can make it break away and sink … maybe it’s not the text book way to do it, but you throw how you throw so make it work in your own way.

[quote=“alanshadow22”]If your talking about comparing your changeup to someone who can make their fastball move away and into the hitters then absolutely that would be helpful.

Whether its true or not I always hear from commentators and people in baseball that Right-handed pitchers don’t like to throw their change-ups to Right-handed hitters because if you throw it on the outside corner and could come back over the plate and be a “fat” pitch. So if you have a change-up that drops and moves away from the Right-handed hitter if your right-handed yourself then it would be really useful. Thought occasionally i would still throw the changeup that would go back into their bat, and or make sure you keep throwing your fastball inside so they don’t lean over the plate.[/quote]

Eh, those are usually the kind of guys who started throwing their changeups in the minors and never developed a good one. To them, its just a weapon against lefty’s because of its veer, but it really can be so much more. Pedro, Hoffman, Glavine, Santana, all those guys have execellent changeups, and they throw them to both kinds of batters.