Updated Clips...taken 5/15 2006

I took these a few months back.( a bit jittery no tripod that day) Still see some issues with his lead leg and not sitting a bit longer. Anyone else?

JMO, but I’d like to see a bit more of a step over move. It doesn’t seem like the hips are really getting through. Is that Rialto?

Which motion is better ?

Stretch or windup and why?

Don’t know enough to say if stretch or windup is better. They look pretty similar to me. Looks like he’s throwing a bit faster out of the windup. His tempo may be a bit quicker out of the stretch but he ends up moving faster out of the windup. Once again, JMO.

From that camera angle the lead foot looks to land a bit closed (angle the foot is pointing, rather than the lead leg being open or closed) which could be impeding the hips.

This is actually in La Jolla, Ca (san diego) area. Beautiful area if you are in the san diego make sure you check it out!

Used to live in Pacific Beach, Pt. Loma, and then Penasquitos. That was when I had just started working so I wasn’t in the better parts of PB or Point Loma.

No follow through. The pitcher is standing practically straight up after releasing the ball.

[quote=“CADad”]
From that camera angle the lead foot looks to land a bit closed (angle the foot is pointing, rather than the lead leg being open or closed) which could be impeding the hips.[/quote]

good catch CADAD. He was doing this for about 3 months before I caught on to it. I have a different view that catches it a bit better. We have changed it and I will se about posting clips after we get back from Steamboat Springs, CO. His issue was landing with his toe pointing at the Batter Box(right side) but he took it to another level. His hips weren’t fully opening as well.

As far as standing straihgt up after release, he doesn’t drop and drive but he does have bend at the leg at release. Never had arm problems and is throwing mid 70’s for a while now. I honestly can say after working on arm action many months we had to get back to the simple things. :roll:

Take care and all of those places you have mentioned I am familiar with.

He doesn’t have enough bend in the front knee at release, IMHO. The result is he bends forward at the torso. Getting the head and shoulders out front too early wastes the energy built up in the body and leaves youwith mostly arm to throw with. Over time, this will takes its toll on the arm.

Lowering his initial center of gravity (i.e. bending the knees more) will help him land on a more bent (but firm) front knee, keep the torso from getting out front, and recruiting more of his body to throw with. He may also lengthen his stride assuming he doesn’t sacrifice his knee lift.

[quote=“CADad”]JMO, but I’d like to see a bit more of a step over move.[/quote]Can you please elaborate on what this “step over” move is? Thanks.

[quote=“Roger”]He may also lengthen his stride assuming he doesn’t sacrifice his knee lift.[/quote]Bingo!! My opinion. I’ve not looked closely enough to notice other issues but this stood out to me. Virtually no horizontal component to the stride.

[quote=“Roger”]He doesn’t have enough bend in the front knee at release, IMHO. The result is he bends forward at the torso.

Lowering his initial center of gravity (i.e. bending the knees more) will help him land on a more bent (but firm) front knee, keep the torso from getting out front, and recruiting more of his body to throw with. He may also lengthen his stride assuming he doesn’t sacrifice his knee lift.[/quote]

All good points. This was taken in May he currently is sitting more, striding more in effect and from time to time his stride is inconsistent. All valid points.