U. of Miami Camps

So, I am officially registered for these following camps:

Hitting Camp December 27 and 28
Pitching/Defensive Camp December 29 and 30
Exposure Camp January 16 and 17

I will say, I am nervous, but in a sense I get excited. This is my dream college, and I want to make an impression. I try not to get nervous, but theres always a little nervous in me. This is were I would absolutley love to play at. Go to school at etc. I want to make sure they remember me. The only reason I’m nervous to be honest with you is my shoulder thats bothering me. Mentally in terms of baseball wise, I’m ready to go. I just don’t want my arm to bother me at all. And I pray to god. I will go to the doctor for a check up and hope nothing is wrong with it, its probably a little inflammation. Its not too serious were I can’t throw at all. So I’ll see whats up. I just wanted to let you guys know, and I can’t wait! Mentally I’m ready.

Miami’s your dream college? Interesting.

[quote=“JR.Navarro34”]So, I am officially registered for these following camps:

Hitting Camp December 27 and 28
Pitching/Defensive Camp December 29 and 30
Exposure Camp January 16 and 17
[/quote]

OMG! Navarro, are you totally rich? :slight_smile:

I’m excited for you. Great opportunity.

cool, good luck!

Man I wish my family could afford 3 camps of that caliber for me to go to.

Good luck though!

[quote=“redwingpitcher”]Man I wish my family could afford 3 camps of that caliber for me to go to.

Good luck though![/quote]

i hear ya. I wish my family could afford to move to Florida or California so i could rehab properly… :smiley:

:lol: Guys, Guys, Guys

I am NOT Rich, in fact my family is going through tough economic times.
The guy I know, that I have mentioned, former Major Leaguer, Charlton Jimerson, hooked it up with the Camps, except the Showcase Camp. So please, we are far from rich :lol:

Absolutely dawg, I don’t see me going anywhere else in a 4 year school. I don’t care if they were garbage and no where near top 25 ranked, when I hopefully get a scholly from them. I mean, why wouldn’t you wanna go to miami? GREAT Campus, the beach, great weather, the nice women per say? :smiley: Miami is my dream school and I hope to the fullest I can play there, even if it takes 1 or 2 years at JUCO level. :wink:

The U!! It is one of my dreams to go their as well haha, pretty unlikely though, unless your an aflac all american. Wish you luck pal!

I agree with you why not Miami? or anywhere south with a beach, you can play year around and lets face it when the temperature is a little high the ladies don’t always wear a lot of clothing. You just can’t beat it.

Come on man, you act like its impossible to play at Miami, you don’t have to be an All-American. Some senior last year went to a JUCO and didn’t do well, and threw 85 tops.
http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/guerra_rene00.html
I would probably be hard for me to go straight out of HS there, regarding my HS league is not good, but hopefully going to the Camps for the next 2 years is gonna make them consider me out of HS

You could also find out what Junior Colleges they recruit from and talk with them too.

Yeah, most of their Players are from FL, Miami Dade College is a big school they recruit from

Miami-Dade, Broward, Brevard, Indian-River, any of the Florida State Colleges really, there are some great schools that feed the big boys Tallahassee is always a powerhouse and so is Sante Fe in Gainseville…My son lost to Miami-Dade last year (Got spanked really…but that first inning man! Wow he shut em down sweet :wink: ). He had Sante Fe no hit til the 6th in a 7 inning doubleheader second game ended up winning 8-2. From all I witnessed it’s very excellent baseball played at a very high level.
Here’s that 1st inning just to get a taste of the league
That first batter was the league player of the year and he went to UNF for his last 2 years…is there now

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdfromfla#p/u/7/qhzMwr-dxWs

If I’m not mistaken I believe those schools are all NJCAA D1 and that is a very high level of baseball, many kids go to junior colleges so they can get drafted in 2 years. I don’t know how it is in other sports but in baseball JC baseball isn’t much of a step down.

Yeah, top level competition, and its not impossible. If Miami doesn’t recruit me out of HS I would probably choose to go to a near JUCO school called Diablo Valley College, in Antioch, CA. Their head coach, played at the U. That would be one plan B, but I really want to get into the Univ. of Miami as a freshman.

JR, I agree with you on the women.

The California Junior Colleges play at a very high level you wouldn’t go wrong playing at one of them either. It sounds like you’re in a pretty good position right now just keep working hard and you should get to where you want to be.

Hopefully yeah, I really want to play at the U, you just don’t know
:smiley:

Good luck…hope you throw 90++

Thank you