Types of Pitches

I am a high school pitcher and want to expand the type of pitches I throw. Right now I throw a four seam fastball, two seam fastball, change-up, and curveball. What are some other pitches that I can start working on? Thanks

You should experiment with a Cut fastball if you’re looking to expand

how do you grip a cut fastball

4 pitches is definitely enough, I don’t think adding more should be your priority.

there is always the slider which I gripped a lot like a cutter but gave it a little downward flick.

Jack of all, master of none. If your pitches aren’t already ++ pitches there’s no reason to expand your arsenal.

There’s nothing wrong with adding pitches, as long as you don’t fool yourself into thinking-- too soon-- they are all game ready. Have fun with it, but when it’s time to play, bring your best stuff.

I like to throw my Cutter with the same fastball grip, except shift your index and middle fingers about 2 stitches apart from each other, apply pressure, and throw it hard just like a fastball. That’s how Mariano Rivera threw his. I recommend that you throw a Cutter, but it’s up to you. Good luck!

Those are all the pitches you really need.