Two seam and sinker: the difference

are the two seam fastball and sinker different pitches
i believe so
but i cant come to an agreement with others

Can a pitcher throw a two-seamer that sinks?
Can a pitcher throw a two-seamer that moves very little?
Can a pitcher throw a sinker with a two-seam grip?
Can a pitcher throw a sinker with his own unique grip?
Can a sinker be thrown with a four-seam grip?
If a pitcher throws a 90 MPH sinker and a 75 MPH changeup that moves the same as the sinker, why don’t we call the changeup a slow sinker?

These are the real questions that you need to find the answer to. Your question is too vague and the answer will be too general, since it is not an absolute.

[quote]Can a pitcher throw a two-seamer that sinks?
[/quote]

if it sinks its not a two seam its a sinker

yes thats a two seam

yes
can a pitcher throw a slider with a curveball grip

yes
grip includes finger pressure and release
might be held the same but are throw differently

submarine pitchers cant help the downbreak they get

[quote]If a pitcher throws a 90 MPH sinker and a 75 MPH changeup that moves the same as the sinker, why don’t we call the changeup a slow sinker?
[/quote]

two different pitches
thrown differently
gripped differently
released differently

[quote=“kelvinp”][quote]Can a pitcher throw a two-seamer that sinks?
[/quote]

if it sinks its not a two seam its a sinker
[/quote]

We have a winner!

was that sarcastic
if it has little movement down but still breaks to the PAS its not a sinker

If two seams cut through the air it’s a two-seamer, the question is the type of movement. Well I believe there is a tailing two-seamer and a sinking two-seamer, so they are different pitches but essentially and physically the same general thing.

Fuck, what a stupid thread, just made to start arguements and stupid things.

A two seam can be a sinker. Guys like Wang and Carmona throw 2 seamers and they get good sink. I throw a two seamer and get 11-5 break on it. So my two seam seam sinks more than runs into righties.

[quote]Can a pitcher throw a two-seamer that sinks?

if it sinks its not a two seam its a sinker[/quote]

You said yourself that every pitch sinks. That’s true, gravity pulls the ball downward. So how can a two seamer not be a sinker? It’s not going to go straight to the pitching arm side, it will sink.

:blah:

[quote]You said yourself that every pitch sinks. That’s true, gravity pulls the ball downward. So how can a two seamer not be a sinker? It’s not going to go straight to the pitching arm side, it will sink.
[/quote]
every pitch is gonna drop due to gravity
the way you are saying it i can say how can a change not be a sinker
its the amount of break that makes it a sinker

theyu throw sinkers with a two seam grip
then you throw a sinker if it sinks more than it runs

why did you post then

conclusion
there are two types of two seamers
just like a sharp and loopy curve
a slider that breaks down and a slider that breaks across
circle change that breaks down(santana) and in(volquez)
same pitch used differently

Kelvin, do you realize that you contradict yourself in every single topic you comment on?

Do you do this on purpose?

Hose

[quote]Kelvin, do you realize that you contradict yourself in every single topic you comment on?

Do you do this on purpose?
[/quote]
who would try to contradict yourself on purpose :?:

[quote]conclusion
there are two types of two seamers
just like a sharp and loopy curve
a slider that breaks down and a slider that breaks across
circle change that breaks down(santana) and in(volquez)
same pitch used differently[/quote]

this should be the end of this

Well you do contradict yourself on almost everything. No of course you wouldn’t do it on purpose but its becuase you have so many ideas floating around in your head you don’t know what to say and when to say it.

[quote=“kelvinp”]who would try to contradict yourself on purpose :?:
[/quote]

That’s what I was asking you. The fact is, you consistently make a statement at the start of a thread, only to conclude later the exact opposite, as if you were right all along. So I return the question to you. Why would anyone do this? I have some theories, but I’d rather hear what you have to say.

Hose

[quote]That’s what I was asking you. The fact is, you consistently make a statement at the start of a thread, only to conclude later the exact opposite, as if you were right all along. So I return the question to you. Why would anyone do this? I have some theories, but I’d rather hear what you have to say.
[/quote]

i dont know about the opposite
but i do change my mind about some stuff
i dont try to contradict myself
bower explained better than i can

[quote=“kelvinp”][quote]That’s what I was asking you. The fact is, you consistently make a statement at the start of a thread, only to conclude later the exact opposite, as if you were right all along. So I return the question to you. Why would anyone do this? I have some theories, but I’d rather hear what you have to say.
[/quote]

i dont know about the opposite
but i do change my mind about some stuff
i dont try to contradict myself
bower explained better than i can[/quote]
k this is retarded. theres a difference between changing your mind off of what other people have explained as oppose to just acting like you knew it from the beginning. there saying you contradict yourself because your responces arnt “o you know what your right that makes sence now”…instead you start a new argument which contradicts the previous one.

i strarted off
its the way it is thrown

now
its either the grip or the way it is thrown