TuffCuff Training Log .. START TO FINISH

[b]HEY … I received my TuffCuff book a few days ago and it looks great. After reading through it i have everything set up and ready to go so i decided to start my workouts today which is Monday AUG 27th. I am jsut going to keep a log on how i feel, things i did, progression, and when its time to start clocking myself again ill let every know how thats going. im not going to be giving away anything inside the book … (buy your own! lol) but hopefully everything works out .

ABOUT ME:

NAME - TYMEL YOUNG
AGE- 19 YRS OLD
WEIGHT- 175
HEIGHT- 6’0
COLLEGE - KINGSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (D3) NEW YORK

… and my goals

1. TO OBVIOUSLY INCREASE VELOCITY AND STAMINA
    (CURRENT FASTBALL - 82 TO 85)
    2)IMPROVE ON MECHANICS
  2. TO HOPEFULLY GET INTO A HIGHER DIV. SCHOOL OR ANY TYPE OF MINOR LEAGUE TEAM

I HAVE 1 MORE YEAR LEFT IN MY COLLEGE FOR BASEBALL AND HOPEFULLY MY NUMBERS GET ALOT BETTER.

FROM TIME TO TIME I WILL POST A FEW VIDEOS OF MY WORKOUTS AND OF ME THROWING [/b]

1 Like

[b]WELL TODAY WAS MY VERY FIRST WORKOUT TO THE HALL OF FAME =) LOL … JUST KIDDING. BY BROWSING THROUGH THE BOOK IT SEEMED THE WORKOUTS WILL BE PRETTY SIMPLE… BUT IT DID HAVE SOME COMPLICATED AND UNUSUAL ROUTINES FOR ME TO FOLLOW. IN THE END FEELS GOOD TO GET DAY 1 OVER. LOOKING FOWARD TO THE SECOND WORKOUT.

MY DAY …

IM NOT JUST FOLLOWING THE WORKOUTS BUT BASICALLY EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK FROM START TO FINISH EVEN NUTRITION AND DIET.

TODAY WASNT THE BEST DAY OF MINE EATTING WISE… I MUST OF HAD ONLY 1 AND HALF MEALS… (SUBWAY COOKIES AND MC DONALDS DOUBLE QUARTER POUNDER) BUT I DID HAVE PLEANTY OF WATER. THATS ONE THING I DONT LET GET BY … I MIGHT DRINK ABOUT 80FL OZ A DAY EASY.

I STARTED MY WORKOUT A LITTLE LATE AROUND 11PM AND LASTED ABOUT 45 MIN TO AN HR BY THE TIME THE WHOLE WORKOUT WAS COMPLETE. SOME EXERCISES IM NEW TO, SO I ADMIT I DID REALLY FEEL IT IN MY UPPER THIGHS WITH THE PHYSIOBALL. EVERYTHING WAS PRETTY MUCH ROUTINE WITH THE CARDIO AND CORE EXERCISES.

ILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON DAY 2 (WEDNESDAY)[/b]

[b]well today was suppose to be day 2 of my workout but there was a game that had to be made up so i took off today and will start day 2 tomorrow (thursday). not very happy at myself due to my pitching peformance. came in relief in the 8th … 1 inning 1 hit and 2 walks and 1 earned run. may not look all that bad on paper but i just wanst feeling it at all…

can someone tell me why some days the ball just feels so heavy coming out of my hand. the gun shows 83 … and thats me struggling to get the ball over the plate. is there something that im doing wrong or is it just fatigue from a long season coming to an end.

i have a torney in york pa. this labor day weekend and hopefully im feeling alot better.

ill check in posting how my workout goes tomorrow…[/b][/b]

[b]hello… i got bak from my baseball torney in York PA yesterday. didnt do much because of a fatigue arm. pitched : 1 inning, 1 k, 1ER(solo homerun). accidently hung a curve ball in a 3-2 count to the number 4 batter… he took that pitch about 410 dead center. lol …

sunday i didnt pick up a ball at all … and today monday i started week 2 of my workout. up intil week 5 these workouts are just the same simple thing to develop muscilar endurance for much later in the program. im also not starting my 90day offseason throwing schedule until oct. 1st. im just going to give my arm a short rest.

the workout went fine. also met up with my college pitching coach to work on a few basic things for muscle memory when i pitch nothing big. im off tom. i just ice my arm on my off days. and take a quick morning jog at my own pace.

ill keep you posted…[/b]

Hey,

Nice to see someone else is starting this…
I just received my TUFFCUFF manual. I did some of the warm-up for professional pitchers tonight…and boy, that is something to get use to!
Some stretches I have never done before…lol, have fun with the “Hand Walk”…lol.

However, I am starting tomorrow. I have no more baseball left, so this is totally an off season for me.

One thing I want to mention is…I’m going to be trying to go tryout for the Frontier League come next spring…just wondering if anyone has feedback on it…would be appreciated.

I am 23 years old.
5’9"…170lbs soaking wet.
Left-handed pitcher.
Not sure of any speeds on my pitches.
Thanks,
Dan