TUFF CUFF Program: Is 12 yr.'s old to young to start?

[color=darkblue]My son is finished with LL and will now be going to the Big Field next year.

He’s had some success at pitching and has a decent enough fastball (radared at a Baseball Academy at 61 mph) that with a change up he dominated his LL this year without throwing curveballs.

We are looking for the proper off season training program for him and I want to get him started on the TUFF CUFF program, but it say’s it’s for 13 year olds and up.

1) Is a 12 year old, who turned 12 last April, too young to start him on the TUFF CUFF Program?

He’s 5’ 5" and 137 lb’s if that’s any help

2) Also, if he is to young to participate in the training excerises part of the TUFF CUFF program, then would the Nutritional part of the program be of some benefit to him?

Thanks in advance for any advice.[/color]

For his age just do tubing, Pus-ups and core exercises like Plank hold and Side Plank and Glute Bridge till he grows a little more and is a little older.

RIStar, do you even know what the TuffCuff program actually looks like?
Seriously you can’t respond to a question like that unless you own the manual.

It would seem to me that 13 is only a general rule of thumb, although Steve could definitely answer that question better than me.

I personally feel like starting any offseason program is less a matter of age and more a matter of maturity (in this case I actually mean more mental). If your son has the desire to to it, then I see no reason why he isn’t ready. That’s just me.
I do know a proper program like TuffCuff will make a world of difference on the larger field, so many kids struggle to get acclimated to the size. With proper preparation your son will transition as if he has played on the field for years.

I just bought a Tuff Cuff and i’m waiting for it to come in the mail.

Uh well If you look at it you can break it down and take certain workouts what you feel is appropriate.

It doesn’t expire in a year remember he’ll have this his whole baseball career.

centerfield2150 wrote:

[quote]It would seem to me that 13 is only a general rule of thumb, although Steve could definitely answer that question better than me.

I personally feel like starting any offseason program is less a matter of age and more a matter of maturity (in this case I actually mean more mental). If your son has the desire to to it, then I see no reason why he isn’t ready. That’s just me. [/quote]

[color=darkblue]That’s what I figured:

“any offseason program is less a matter of age and more a matter of maturity (in this case I actually mean more mental)”[/color]