TRX navy seals workout/core workout

The TRX is a system that was designed by the navy seals. It is a system of straps that you put on your feet to stabilze your self. They have 300 exersizes that are used with the straps. The cost is high but athletes in the pros that had shoulder problems and wanted to come back from injury like drew brees. I no he is not a baseball player but the system makes you stronger and have a stronger body/core.
The cost is $150 but it is worth it take a look.
http://www.fitter1.com/trx-system.html

does anyone have anything to say?

Sure, from the description, it looks OK. Ultimately, the effectiveness of a workout program comes diwn to how much you’re willing to work at it. But why not get a baseball specific workout? Try my TUFFCUFF program or CORE Performance (www.coreperformance.com). In terms of benefits to pitchers, I believe these are much better. But if you go with the other one, let us know how it goes.

so which one do we do???

Tuff cuff is crap and i dont think thats a good work out also the TRX is pitcher workout in the way you have to stabilize your body in one possion for a while. You dont sit in a chair and throw a baseball. You dont just use your rotator cuff and i do have a core routine i already do. But this would bring my strengh in the shoulder and whole body up. I rather have this then the tuff cuff routine which focus not on the full body. I’m not saying im going to run out there and get it but i might in the future. It’s great for balance and using your core to hold you body up.
Heelan do the exersizes i sent you through email they are good for the core.

Dont go bashing Tuff Cuff, I own it and it is a good program. There is nothing wrong with adding stuff to it but it is not crap. But since your saying that maybe you could give us some reasons why it is? and by the way if you read the description of the book you would you it works on functional strengh(your whole body)

I think tuff cuff is overated because you use your whole body to pitch not your rotator cuff only i do do some rotator cuff exersizes but I rather get a stronger shoulder and stabalize the muscles that are used for pitching.
That’s all im saying it’s a core/ functional training that is more harder to do then tuff cuff.

i agree with ristar you dont just use your rotator cuff, the rotator cuff isnt even the most important thing, your core and legs are

your rotator cuff is important but you shouldnt just focus on 1 part the best pitchers are strong all over. If you have a weak core it will turn your feet out so when you lift up tour leg it will start to rotate you early when you lunge towards home. So the core is wear it all starts. Rotator cuff is impotant but as long as its strong you are ok. It doesnt have to be a tuff cuff.
Do you add muscle with the tuff cuff? Because if you are a pitcher with big muscle it will slow your rotation down. Bigger is not better.

srry strong muscles in the rotator cuff r good not huge muscles. ok

The book is about fuctional strengh of a pitcher and how to increase it. Notice it said if you read the description of the book it talks about increasing total body strength and yes increasing rotator cuff strengh is included read about the book in Steve’s online store

lean mass of the rotator cuff really, so adding mass is going to help them not get hurt there rotator cuff.
Who has it and will tell me about some exersizes?

Not sure where you’re going with this RIstar. You’re way off base here. TUFFCUFF is the name of the manual. Rotator cuff strength comprises about 1/12 of the overall program. In the other sections, you’ll learn about upper and lower body development, core stabilization, flexibility, scapula stabilization, nutrition, cardiovascular fitness, agility, elbow strength, plyometric strength, and in-season and off-season throwing programs.

ok i have a program like that, that mike clark has one. He works with over 40 mlb pitcher at a time.

[quote=“RIstar”]I think tuff cuff is overated because you use your whole body to pitch not your rotator cuff only i do do some rotator cuff exersizes but I rather get a stronger shoulder and stabalize the muscles that are used for pitching.
That’s all im saying it’s a core/ functional training that is more harder to do then tuff cuff.[/quote]

i wonder about you…you truely amaze me with your stupidity… whats your purpose on this website other than to take up space. YOU HAVE NONE. get outa here.

[quote=“RIstar”]lean mass of the rotator cuff really, so adding mass is going to help them not get hurt there rotator cuff.
Who has it and will tell me about some exersizes?[/quote]
So after all that smack-talking you’re admitting you haven’t even read the book? :roll:

I’ll prolly lean with the guy who pitched pro 8)

all i’m saying is that you should never focus right on the shoulder when there is tons of better things you could do. Like TRx which does the whole body.
I dont think you should just focus on shoulder i don’t even think it’s as important as people say. You dont throw in a chair using just rotator cuff.
That’s why i said the TRx system is perfect for pitcher.

Wow, your insolence towards the tuff cuff program amuses me… :slight_smile:

If you’re going to compare the two, you need to have a better grasp of the sources you’re comparing… For example, it would be wise to atleast read the tuff cuff book before bashing it. :wink:

RIstar I donty think you read my earlier posts you migh want to