Trouble Getting out on front foot

I have trouble getting out on my front foot, and i seem to throw alot of pitches high. I just have trouble waiting to release and getting onto my front foot. Are there any drills or tips anyone has?

Your problem, as I see it, is exactly that—you’re waiting to release the ball. You seem to have a hiccup in your delivery that shouldn’t be there; what you need to do is get your whole body into the action. You need to drive off the lower half of your body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, so that your release point will follow naturally, and your arm and shoulder will just go along for the ride. In this way you’ll get more power behind your pitches and take a lot of pressure off the arm and the shoulder, so you’ll be throwing harder and faster with less effort. That should take care of the hiccup. :slight_smile:

Tough to say without seeing video. Zita could be correct.

Here’s another possibility… You’re doing something that causes early shoulder rotation which itself can often lead to pitches up and in. Posture and glove issues are likely causes.