Tracer Radar Gun Reviews

I’ve heard alot about the tracer radar gun. I do know that some radar guns, such as the bushnell, are accurate when it comes to the speed of cars but do not pick up the MPH reading out of the pitchers hand.

Hows the tracer radar gun? I know stalkers are the best but I’m not trying to spend over $600

Here’s a better (and cheaper) bet for you:

From what I hear they are very accurate.

Yes, they are accurate. They’re also “directional”. By that I mean, the device produces its best reading and results, when facing directly in line with the incoming pitch.

I’ve used this device and it can produce instant readings without holding a gun or a gun fixed to a tripod.

The device is easly transported, doesn’t require the kind of extra safe handling of other more expensive devices. The price alone, for what your getting, is worth the purchase. (For those that require a radar device that is.)

Coach B.

If you want a professional gun to use for practice and games, you may want to consider a Decatur. Decatur manufactured guns for Jugs. They have a new gun for under $500. Same as Jugs. Buy direct from manufacturer.

The Speedchek is a good training gadget. Be sure to read their manual on how to use it effectively.

I’ve used a Tracer and was unimpressed.

Brian

brian what was it about the tracer you didn’t like? readings too fast or to slow? Overall just cheap?

Quality seems cheap. It had too many “no reads” and “false reads”. Used it during an indoor bullpen session. Standing about 5 feet directly behind catcher with net between us.

Brian

I have a bushnell radar gun. It is off a bit. I took it to the batting cages and it was 4-12mph off consistantly…more around the 6-8mph off range. I used it during the summer and the readings were really low compared to the readings from my buddy’s Stalker.

[quote=“Bretzke”]If you want a professional gun to use for practice and games, you may want to consider a Decatur. Decatur manufactured guns for Jugs. They have a new gun for under $500. Same as Jugs. Buy direct from manufacturer.

The Speedchek is a good training gadget. Be sure to read their manual on how to use it effectively.

Brian[/quote]Hi Brian, Do you have a part number or model number foer that Decatur gun?

[quote=“ttnorm”][quote=“Bretzke”]If you want a professional gun to use for practice and games, you may want to consider a Decatur. Decatur manufactured guns for Jugs. They have a new gun for under $500. Same as Jugs. Buy direct from manufacturer.

Brian[/quote]Hi Brian, Do you have a part number or model number foer that Decatur gun?[/quote]

http://www.decaturradar.com/products/profile.php?id=31

I do have a question regarding the Bushnell… I have one.

I’ve read in this post and others that it definitely reads at least 4-6mph slower.

Is that for sure? My son will be happy when I tell him that one!

Also… is the right place to take reading at release point? Or should I be pointing somewhere out in front of mound?

Thanks

I’ve found the bushnell is accurate up to 65-70 mph. after that it’s readings are 4-6 mph slower.

Found this:

http://hsbaseballweb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1491034941/m/399101143

Like the line:

1. Stalker
  2. JUGS
    There is no 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th, but 7th would then be the Bushnell.