Torn Labrum

So it’s looking more and more likely that i tore my labrum. I’m not positive I will need surgery but if so it’ll be rough. I may need to come to the decision of baseball or no. I’ve had a few setbacks missing my senior year and now freshman year of college due to shoulder surgery.I’m not going pro but I love to play and it’ll be rough living without it. Just gotta think realistically now.

Well I don’t know your situation but just as a personal opinion from what I did, don’t stop until you absolutely have to. I’m currently 21 years old and in my third year of college and this is my first year not playing because I injured myself and decided to transfer from a JuCo to a school that does not play baseball.

It would have been hard for me to keep playing so I decided that it was a better decision to go to the better school that does not have baseball and I regret that decision all the time (hasn’t even been a full year yet). My opinion is that is you have a doubt about quitting, keep playing. You don’t want to regret not playing out as long as you could.

Thanks I’m hopeful I can get everything cleared and either be able to play next fall or use that year as a year to work out and get in shape. All I want is to be able to play again and if there is any chance of playing I’ll take it.