Top Ten Reason To Hate the Yankees

vote your conscience

I can hate em because they ain’t the Cubs…but I just can’t find it in me to hate Derek Jeter, I admire him. I think he is what all players should act like, be like, think like. He hustles, he keeps his trap shut, he works hard, the man is just a clss act, may even be the MVP this year. I think Stienbrenners are jerks does that count? :lol:
I think the Red Sox nation is really obnoxious…but it’s just a loser Cub fan with sour grapes…I mean I pathelogically am a Cubs fan, but have evolved personally over the years to really admire individuals who do it right…must have been when the Great Greg went to the Braves…I mean who couldn’t like Clemente or Stargell or guys like Dave Draveky or Hershieser or Saberhagen or Dave Stieb or Pedro…I really enjoy great players who do it right.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]I can hate em because they ain’t the Cubs…but I just can’t find it in me to hate Derek Jeter, I admire him. I think he is what all players should act like, be like, think like. He hustles, he keeps his trap shut, he works hard, the man is just a clss act, may even be the MVP this year. I think Stienbrenners are jerks does that count? :lol:
I think the Red Sox nation is really obnoxious…but it’s just a loser Cub fan with sour grapes…I mean I pathelogically am a Cubs fan, but have evolved personally over the years to really admire individuals who do it right…must have been when the Great Greg went to the Braves…I mean who couldn’t like Clemente or Stargell or guys like Dave Draveky or Hershieser or Saberhagen or Dave Stieb or Pedro…I really enjoy great players who do it right.[/quote]

Jd, you’re a Cubs fan?
:lol: :smiley:

Since the days when Ernie Banks and Fergusen Jenkins and Ron Santo graced the land of the vines.

JR, Ernie Banks is a player everyone should look into. He has a spirit, a love for the game that can only be called infectious, I’ve never seen him mad, I’ve never seen him not be a gentleman…always smiling, the phrase everyone will remember him by is “lets play two”. He is the person who made me understand just how much I love this game and how important it is to help people. Truely when he passes I will despair that earth will never see another man, like him.

I don’t like to hate them I like to love them and let me post my reason since people are posting why they hate them.

I’m not a fan because of the championships and I’m not a fan because of the stars and I’m not a fairweather fan. Before I was really into baseball or many sports at all for that matter I was about 11 and my grandfather died of Lou Gehrig’s disease otherwise known as ALS. I have always loved studying up on stuff like this, diseases and biology stuff. I found out the story behind it and Lou Gehrig’s story just is what got me into baseball and he was in fact a Yankee, Lou Gehrig also reminded me a lot of my grandfather a hard worker who would not take a day off and my grandpa had already gone through skin cancer and prostate cancer. I owe my baseball life to the Lou Gehrig story which is part of Yankee history and baseball is my life now.

Pustilio,

Nice post. Thanks for telling us about your grandfather. I have the greatest respect for you now. I have many stories to tell about my own father regarding baseball and his untimely death. Opening your feelings up like this is a great gift and I commend you.

I’ll just say it. I’m not a big Yankees fan because in the past they’ve always seemed to win but Derek Jeter is one of my all time favorite players. When I was little I hated him because I’m a national league fan and he and the yankees would always beat the national league teams in the world series. But when I got a little older and I learned how the game was meant to be played I couldnt help but respect the guy. I look at what everyone was saying in the spring about how he was getting old and how he was losing it and just laugh because he could win the AL Mvp. The guys amazing. And if the Cardinals or Rockies don’t make it to the series and the yankees do I may actually root for them. Just because of Jeter.

Being a bosox fan is why I hate them, also they are all on roids, Jeter’s an ***, steinbrenners always piss everybody off, my friends like the dirty “Skankeees” as I call them, babe ruth, and god’s a bosox fan.

Fixed it for ya’. :wink:

Steroids? lol half of the MLB is on steroids no matter who’s names come out as having been caught. btw Papi and Manny (I know he’s in LA) got caught. If Jeter is an explicit word than what is Youkilis I know ur a bosox fan but come on that guy is a real doucher.

Thanks Roger, I don’t know how I missed that!

Ok, that was…[quote]They Have Bought More World Titles Than Montreal Canadiens[/quote]

Yeah I got it now…[quote]They Have Bought More World Titles Than Montreal Canadiens[/quote]

Man I just don’t know hooooowwwww I missed that…[quote]They Have Bought More World Titles Than Montreal CanadiensThey Have Bought More World Titles Than Montreal CanadiensThey Have Bought More World Titles Than Montreal Canadiens[/quote]

GOT IT :twisted:

Geez, pustulio, ur taking it out on Youk? I assumed you’d hate Pedie.

Pustulio, remember: God’s a Red Sox fan.

How about one reason why to like the yankees?
Alex Rodriguez
BEAST MODE 8)

Oh and another reason to like them, Mariano Rivera.
He’s on Team Shut It Down (TSD) as my boy Neil Everett (Sportscenter Anchor) would say.

Oh and how about another reason?
Derek Jeter, a good man.
:smiley:

Oh and lastly, CC Sabathia. Reppin the Yay Area. (Bay Area for those who don’t now :lol:)

I voted because it’s fun.

Is it just me or…is Joe Buck the President of the “Drool All Over The Yankees” fan club.

He just kills me…“Oh Andy Andy…I love you sooooo much. You hold runners better than anybody who ever played the game.”

“Oh Robinson…wow what a show you put on in batting practice tonight. What muscles…you have.”

And…“Could you please show that close up of A Rod again in the “Freeze Cam” just for me? That A-Rod sure is hot tonight…huh Tim?”

Hammer it sure is fun…funner than riding a wreck the creation vehicle without a helmet on… 8)

ha, yeah it is… How many times were they going to mention Cano’s bp!!! I mean seriously? Bp?! They were acting like it was the single best spectacle they’ve ever seen!

Grandpa’s a Yankee fan. Dad’s a Yankee fan. All my family in Upstate NY, where I grew up is a Yankee fan … BUT, wife’s a Red Sox fan :twisted:

Twisted for sure.

Hey Steven, at least your wife has common sense. :lol: