Took a few pictures of the facility

Figured you guys might want to check them out!

And yes, that’s chalk that is covering everything with a fine layer of dust. :slight_smile:

We also have a massage table that’s not pictured. I figured including it would make me look soft and wimpy. :wink:

Looks like everything you could ever need, I can’t stand when I hear people complain that there isn’t the right equipment to work out with because there isn’t some cable machine or a leg extension machine. Glad to see some medicine balls in there too very few people realize how much you can do with them.

We plan on adding a lat pulldown attachment to the power cage for seated cable rows, but all the core cable stuff can be replicated with the Jumpstretch bands we have for Pallof Press and so forth.

Some lighter bumper plates would be nice, too. Not everyone can snatch or clean and jerk 135 lbs. right off the bat :shock:

[quote=“kyleb”]We plan on adding a lat pulldown attachment to the power cage for seated cable rows, but all the core cable stuff can be replicated with the Jumpstretch bands we have for Pallof Press and so forth.

Some lighter bumper plates would be nice, too. Not everyone can snatch or clean and jerk 135 lbs. right off the bat :shock:[/quote]

That John Pallof is a true genius.

[quote=“palo20”][quote=“kyleb”]We plan on adding a lat pulldown attachment to the power cage for seated cable rows, but all the core cable stuff can be replicated with the Jumpstretch bands we have for Pallof Press and so forth.

Some lighter bumper plates would be nice, too. Not everyone can snatch or clean and jerk 135 lbs. right off the bat :shock:[/quote]

That John Pallof is a true genius.[/quote]

That he is. Pallof is willing to question the status quo and go against the grain. It’s no surprise that a hard-working guy who tirelessly studies his craft without bias is one of the best PTs in the business.

The equipment pictured…

1st picture:
Power Cage
45 lb. Olympic bar
Yellow SPRI resistance band
APT powerlifting belt
Flat bench
Jumpstretch purple “50 lb.” resistance band

2nd/3rd pictures:
15 lb. sledgehammer
5, 8, 10, and 20 lb. fixed dumbbells
Insider Bat
Two Olympic adjustable dumbbells
Two 45 lb. bumper plates
Six 45 lb. iron plates
Two 35 lb. iron plates
Two 10 lb. wrist weights
Tanner Tee
4, 6, 10 lb. medballs
Two 3 lb. Danskin medballs
Perfect Pushup
Two foam rollers in different sizes
Blue loop resistance band for scapular-specific work

Not pictured are many more iron plates of smaller sizes (down to 0.33 lb. washers for microloading - you can actually see it in the right of picture 2 and 3 on the white fridge near the foam rollers), more resistance bands, and probably a ton of other things I’m forgetting. :slight_smile:

I know this is not a hitting forum but I love the insider bat. Great tool.

Good to hear. I just picked one up from a friend on another forum, and I have yet to use it very much. I can’t wait to get started with all the drills that my acquaintances have clued me in on. My initial impression is very favorable.

How much did you spend on all the equipment???
Also where did you get it from???

Thanks

[quote=“Prospects23”]How much did you spend on all the equipment???
Also where did you get it from???

Thanks[/quote]

Oh, I don’t know. I bought most of it used on Craigslist, except for a few things like the bumper plates and the power rack. Definitely the way to go for weights - as long as they’re heavy, they work. :wink:

I also bought most of my swiss balls, medballs, and resistance bands from Goodwill. I got my 3 lb. Danskin medballs for ~$1 each, my 10 lb. medball for $3, and swiss balls for 79 cents each! You can find some great deals - you just have to be persistent.

Kyleb I know this is a little off topic from this post but you told me a few days ago that if I wanted to gain some mass I needed to get on a good hypertrophy program. I’ve always been told when you’re doing hypertrophy you should do 8-10 reps and you want to be pushing failure by about your last 2 reps in the set is this true? I also heard when you’re trying to get bigger you should never spend any more than an hour in the gym or you’ll just end up being counterproductive do you agree or disagree with this? I also read you should try to gain a 1lb a week and every week you should increase your daily intake until you’ve reached your desired weight do you agree with this?

I don’t think I told you to get on a hypertrophy program. I might have said to get on a good strength program.

You should not be doing 8-10 reps; you should be doing sets of 5 getting closer to failure towards the end of the sets.

The hour in the gym myth is stupid, but workouts shouldn’t take much longer than 90-100 minutes unless it’s your “volume” day and you’re on intermediate programming.

1 lb. per week is very conservative for youth athletes. Also realize that you won’t gain purely muscle when you have a caloric surplus; your body simply does not work this way.

Thanks, sorry for mixing my words up I just went back and read it and you were right.

Took some more pics of the old S&C facility as we get ready to move it!