TOMY JOHN muscle hurts what do i do?

my tommy john muscle was diagnosed as sore, and was told to stop throwin 4 awhile. What can I do when I get back 2 prevent surgery. I also started a keyboarding class if that helps.

this will help you prevent future injuries. it is an exersise program designed by the American Sports Medicine Institute. it is called the throwers ten program

http://www.asmi.org/SportsMed/throwing/thrower10.PDF

Rest.

Rest.

Rest.

Rest.

Rest.

Rest.

The “muscle” that you are talking about is not actually a muscle. And as far as being diagnosed as sore? I really dont get this at all. But like they said rest is the best thing. Run your heart out but dont throw. See if someone can take a look at your arm action as well thats how i tore my ucl.

The Tommy John “muscle” is a ligament in your elbow, the UCL (ulnar collateral ligament I think), and I’m pretty sure it’s the one connecting your ulna bone to your humerus, which for your right arm is the outside bone, palms facing down (to the bone going from elbow to shoulder).

Basically rest like what everyone is talking about, and then after a while when you feel like you can throw again, throw less maybe.

Yeah all you can do is rest. I had Tommy John surgery when i was 12. Not because of baseball. I tore my UCL, and broke my elbow when i flipped over my bike. I wasn’t able to start pitching again until I was 14.

-Don’t give up
-Don’t try to come back to early
-DO the rehab exorcises every few days even after you come back