Tommy John Recovery; words of encouragement

Good day all. I just wanted to share a few words of encouragement to everyone who has had or will soon be having UCl surgery. She popped back in September, Surgery took place October 7th and I’ve already started a throwing program! The first couple of months are the hardest since you literally can’t break a sweat. You’ll be surprised how well you learn to do things with your less dominant hand/arm. As soon as the cast was removed I jumped on an exercise bike and hit the stair master like my life depended on it. Throughout the winter I months I was able to stay in shape and keep my cardiovascular system at top notch. I’m 4 months ahead of schedule and progressing very well. My point is this; How you recover has a lot to do with the kind of person you are and how far your person is willing to go to get better. Do your recovery right and don’t overdo anything. Sweat, sweat, and sweat some more. Get that blood flowing and get back on the mound. Being 4 months ahead of schedule, I’m taking the mound the first of April. Bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter than I was 6 months ago.

Congrats on maintaining a positive attitude and for continuing to work hard. I think you’ll find it will payoff and as you said you’ll be a better, stronger, healthier pitcher. We are all pulling for you. Keep us posted on your progress and keep working hard!