To speed up my delivery

Should I try to speed up my arm speed?

I think it would help, then if my arm is faster, I can speed up my delivery and be more efficent towards the plate.

What do you guys think?

arm speed is how fast your arm comes thru the zone not how fast it gets up

i dont see how speeding your arm up thru the zone will help you speed up your delivery

It seems to me if you delay your hand seperation it will make your body move faster towards the plate delaying your arm timing but increasing your bodys momentum. Just a thought though. But you would have to find a happy medium you wouldn’t want to hurt your arm by bringing it out too late.

Correct me if this is a stupid post.

[quote=“Bower”]It seems to me if you delay your hand seperation it will make your body move faster towards the plate delaying your arm timing but increasing your bodys momentum. Just a thought though. But you would have to find a happy medium you wouldn’t want to hurt your arm by bringing it out too late.

Correct me if this is a stupid post.[/quote]

It’s not stupid at all. But the thing that happens when you delay hand separation is that the throwing arm has to eventually catch up, and it usually doesn’t, so you’ll see guys drop their arm slots to compensate, which places enormous stress on the arm. It’s better to separate the hands as soon as that lift leg reaches the height of the lift and starts down.

I don’t quite understand the question. I don’t think the arm has much to do with overall speed of the delivery. You mentally need to focus on gaining more momentum. I don’t think there is much more than that.

Something I did to help speed up momentum was on a mound I started with a slide-step. I wasn’t throwing all out or anything. But a slidestep I was moving towards the plate the moment I picked up my foot. Ok did that for 3 pitches. Then I picked up my foot a few inches higher than the slide-step. So I still had good momentum towards the plate. Reason is I’m not giving myself time to come to any kind of a balance point. I’m forcing momentum. But I still want a higher leg kick so I have to work on it. I just keep doing that until I reach my highest leg kick. If you do it right and mentally focus you will have gained the momentum without sacraficing your leg kick height.

[quote=“OffSet”]arm speed is how fast your arm comes thru the zone not how fast it gets up

i dont see how speeding your arm up thru the zone will help you speed up your delivery[/quote]

I mean faster to the high cocked position.

What would faster to the highcocked position do for you? And if you really wanted to be careful not to break your hands early that way they won’t have anywehre to go. Break the hands later and they will be forced to speed the hands up. But be careful that could be dangerous to your arm if its too fast.