Tired of michael phelps

Anybody else tired of him to? hes an amazing athlete and competitor its just when i see him win he goes a lil to far, almost like rubbing the other competitors noses in it with celebration. also im sick of this “he overcame A.D.D” like its a lance armstrong story. almost half of america has A.D.D and most others have it and dont even know because its not that serious of an ailment. overcoming A.D.D and becoming a rocket scientist is a story but most people with A.D.D cant focus there brain on figuring stuff out but however can physical concentrate on repeating tasks. like sports and other things where bookwork isnt involved. i dono just my thought

He set 7 world records and 2 Olympic records he should celebrate like crazy. Is it possible your jelious? I know I am, he’s the best athlete in the world right now.

I actually agree with the first post. I think it’s great that the US has as great a champion as Michael Phelps, but it’s just annoying now. I was waiting in line at a supermarket, and i looked over at the Inquirer, (gossip magazine) and the cover story was about Phelp’s girlfriend and how “she’s the one” or something.

It’s getting a bit ridiculous. I understand he should celebrate because he’s the record holder for most gold metals, but come on now. Phelps is just a passing fad

[quote=“BleedBlueNOrange”]I actually agree with the first post. I think it’s great that the US has as great a champion as Michael Phelps, but it’s just annoying now. I was waiting in line at a supermarket, and i looked over at the Inquirer, (gossip magazine) and the cover story was about Phelp’s girlfriend and how “she’s the one” or something.

It’s getting a bit ridiculous. I understand he should celebrate because he’s the record holder for most gold metals, but come on now. Phelps is just a passing fad[/quote]

Aren’t Inquirers GIRLS magazines you know the ones with fake information lol ? and Micheal Phelps is the greatest athlete in Olympic history just think if that was you would you want the hottest girlfriend/wife and would you celebrate like crazy i know i would. no one can say its gets annoying seeing him BREAK HISTORY!!!

What did the guy ever do to you? Everyone is hating on Phelps now for some reason and I just don’t get it. He’s the best in the world, just appreciate for a month or so and he’ll go away for four years.

[quote]Anybody else tired of him to? hes an amazing athlete and competitor its just when i see him win he goes a lil to far[/quote] you read that part? i give him great credit for what hes done and im pretty sure this isnt jealousy.

Yea, your right about one thing, and only One thing, You really don’t know. First of all, he has every right to celebrate however the hell he pleases. And Yes, he was rubbing it in in the 4X100 relay, the entire team was, and for good reason! Did you hear the little frenchie? Talking crap about going to the Olympics to “smash the Americans”. If you don’t know the whole story, don’t make insulting comments.
Secondly, I too have ADD and it is an immensely serious illness, so serious that it can, and usually does alter your entire life. And no, half the country does NOT have ADD, and half of the people (not country) who are diagnosed with it, were wrongfully diagnosed, so most people don’t know what it is like to live with the illness. People with ADD can’t focus because of a chemical imbalance in the brain, which not only makes it incredibly hard to focus(depending on the severity of the ADD) on things like schoolwork, even sports! In fact, its often harder to focus on sports than schoolwork because of the incredible concentration it takes to do things like, oh, lets see, be the best swimmer in the history of swimming.

One thing is for sure, you really have no idea what your talking about. If you feel up to posting anymore of your crackpot ideas about ADD, I would be more than happy to show you just how ignorant you are.

so me not knowing it all did you even think how i would know about add? ya i have it to and know exactly the severity. you notice i can barley concentrate on typing right and thats why half my posts look retarded. yes it did mess up my school work and made it hard to concentrate. having add makes it hard to concentrate on tasks and using mutliple parts of the brain. sports are alot less difficult because everythings happening as it goes, schoolwork you get a problem and have a time frame to work that problem. so dont tell me i dono what im talking about, its add and ya its an ailment but its not anything like overcomming cancer or anything near as serious and i hate it when they blow it up like that. Also about the celebration…its the OLYMPICS, the place where you represent us as a nation, and are competing with the top athletes in the world who also put there soul into this competition. So theres phelps for team america screaming and flailing just short of a im the man remark, in front of the world at a time where the world hates us the most. I could care less what the french said hes representing a nation in front of the world, show some class.

If you think him celebrating is over the top, I would say you’re just not competitive enough. Coming through at the Olympics and winning (especially the 4*100 where they were behind) at the pinnacle of swimming, your body just reacts to the events.

If you come in to the bottom of the 9th inning with no outs and bases loaded, game 7 of the World Series, up 1-0 and strike out the side, you don’t politely wish the opposition better luck next time.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. People think the fist pump thing is flamboyant, but that’s just his natural reaction to coming through at the most important times. If you’re competitive, you’ve done it too.

Wow, pitiful argument there bud. And yes, it is the Olympics, so yes, he can celebrate however he wants. If you want to see an “over-celebration” look at Stupid Usain Bolt with his stupid poses and kissing the ground and repeating “Im # 1” over and over in the camera and pounding his chest before the race is even over. Or the idiot chinese guy who won the Badminton (which shouldn’t be an Olympic sport) and ran around screaming, and threw his racket, shoes, shirt and like everything else into the stands in celebration. Or any of the pole vaulters and high jumper who every time they made it over got up and screamed their head off and jumped up and down, OR the idiot player on the Chinese Taipei baseball team who hit a weaka$$ Solo home run in the last inning with 2 outs while they were down 9 to 0 and proceeded to run the bases with his hand in the air doing the sign for #1…THOSE are over celebrations. What Micheal Phelps and the USA team did was the classiest thing they could have done. Because if you took the time to notice, you would have realized that most countries would have responded in the media with some kind of statement in which they would proceed to talk crap back to the french, which would have been the classless thing to do.

So, I want to know. What would you have had them do when they made and Insane comeback to win in the last leg of the race, against the fastest “Sprint Swimmers” in the world? Highfive and hug? You know, somehow that doesn’t seem to give the amazing feet they accomplished due credit, now does it?

Oh, and no. Half your post’ look retarded because you don’t take the time to go back over them and fix tall the words you misspelled. Its as easy as Spell check.

[quote=“connorwilson”]If you think him celebrating is over the top, I would say you’re just not competitive enough. Coming through at the Olympics and winning (especially the 4*100 where they were behind) at the pinnacle of swimming, your body just reacts to the events.

If you come in to the bottom of the 9th inning with no outs and bases loaded, game 7 of the World Series, up 1-0 and strike out the side, you don’t politely wish the opposition better luck next time.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. People think the fist pump thing is flamboyant, but that’s just his natural reaction to coming through at the most important times. If you’re competitive, you’ve done it too.[/quote]

Excellent point.

[quote=“connorwilson”]If you think him celebrating is over the top, I would say you’re just not competitive enough. Coming through at the Olympics and winning (especially the 4*100 where they were behind) at the pinnacle of swimming, your body just reacts to the events.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. People think the fist pump thing is flamboyant, but that’s just his natural reaction to coming through at the most important times. If you’re competitive, you’ve done it too.[/quote] ok the olympics are completley different than the world series, and yes i probably would be cheering and celebrating. you know what id also do? id be smiling, on the video i saw he was more so going “ya thats right im the man” not so much the “oh my god i just won another medal”. it was more so showing that he was better than everyone else(which yes is the point but not like that) rather than being honored by the fact that he made it so far in an even that comes every 4 years. the world series is all american teams who played against each other and had arguments the entire season. the olympics is a once every 4 years event where you represent a country in front of the world, how can you all not see this? as for the other stupid celebrations ya there dumb and they to should feel like jackasses for them. The thing is the before the olympics started phelps was the man to watch(for anyone anywhere in the world). the whole worlds eyes would be on him and im pretty sure he knew that. So lets go to the simplest of points, if in the final game of the llws championship the winning team yelled and gloated to the other team, would you be supporting of that or would there be a post on this board about how wrong it was?

[quote=“jakejeckel”][quote=“connorwilson”]If you think him celebrating is over the top, I would say you’re just not competitive enough. Coming through at the Olympics and winning (especially the 4*100 where they were behind) at the pinnacle of swimming, your body just reacts to the events.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. People think the fist pump thing is flamboyant, but that’s just his natural reaction to coming through at the most important times. If you’re competitive, you’ve done it too.[/quote] ok the olympics are completley different than the world series, and yes i probably would be cheering and celebrating. you know what id also do? id be smiling, on the video i saw he was more so going “ya thats right im the man” not so much the “oh my god i just won another medal”. it was more so showing that he was better than everyone else(which yes is the point but not like that) rather than being honored by the fact that he made it so far in an even that comes every 4 years. the world series is all american teams who played against each other and had arguments the entire season. the olympics is a once every 4 years event where you represent a country in front of the world, how can you all not see this? as for the other stupid celebrations ya there dumb and they to should feel like jackasses for them. The thing is the before the olympics started phelps was the man to watch(for anyone anywhere in the world). the whole worlds eyes would be on him and im pretty sure he knew that. So lets go to the simplest of points, if in the final game of the llws championship the winning team yelled and gloated to the other team, would you be supporting of that or would there be a post on this board about how wrong it was?[/quote]

No, you still don’t seem to understand. It was a really, so no, it wasn’t Him showing that he was better, it was the TEAM, all 4 swimmers, celebrating that they were the best. You have no real argument here. Any athlete, any real athlete, knows they would have done the same thing, so get off your high horse for long enough to see that you and anyone else would have done the same thing.

[quote=“jakejeckel”][quote=“connorwilson”]If you think him celebrating is over the top, I would say you’re just not competitive enough. Coming through at the Olympics and winning (especially the 4*100 where they were behind) at the pinnacle of swimming, your body just reacts to the events.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. People think the fist pump thing is flamboyant, but that’s just his natural reaction to coming through at the most important times. If you’re competitive, you’ve done it too.[/quote]

ok the olympics are completley different than the world series, and yes i probably would be cheering and celebrating. you know what id also do? id be smiling, on the video i saw he was more so going “ya thats right im the man” not so much the “oh my god i just won another medal”. it was more so showing that he was better than everyone else(which yes is the point but not like that) rather than being honored by the fact that he made it so far in an even that comes every 4 years. the world series is all american teams who played against each other and had arguments the entire season. the olympics is a once every 4 years event where you represent a country in front of the world, how can you all not see this? as for the other stupid celebrations ya there dumb and they to should feel like jackasses for them. The thing is the before the olympics started phelps was the man to watch(for anyone anywhere in the world). the whole worlds eyes would be on him and im pretty sure he knew that. So lets go to the simplest of points, if in the final game of the llws championship the winning team yelled and gloated to the other team, would you be supporting of that or would there be a post on this board about how wrong it was?[/quote]

i think that this statement is a little bias just to prove your point (whatever it is IDK it seem like another Phelps hate fest). i would like to quote Chris Paul on an interview that he had on Mike and Mike in the Morning earlier today. He was asked which is a better thing to win for him, an NBA championship or the gold medal that he did win in China. Paul said this(not exact words but its pretty close) “Well, i think that the gold medal is the one i would rather have, there’s a new NBA Champion every year, but we are the champs for 4 years, not saying i don’t want an NBA championship thats another thing that i want. But the Olympics are an event once every four years, and its more meaningful to win something that happens every four years rather than every year.”

I feel the same thing applies to baseball, the WS champ is crowned once and year and its acceptable to do celebrations there and not at the Olympics where there is a champ every 4 years, plus all the swimmers will probably not get too many chances on the big stage due to a lack of American appreciation for the sport of swimming ( i think it should be noticed)

Plus did you guys see that Phelps is doing SNL on September 13th?

ok are you stupid? he won 8 gold medals and im not talking about the team celebration. how do i have no real argument? i didnt see nastia luken or shawn johnson hitting a couple extra backflips after winning there gold. get off my high horse to see that anyone else woulda done same? well buddy there are over 100 gold medalist so your tellin me everyone of them had an over the top celebration? Also the “any real athlete” is a stupid thing to add, whats that supose to mean im not an athlete and dono what they would do?

ment that last post for pitch king. i get the olympics every 4 years thing but the truth it, as far as baseball and basketball the best competition is in america. everyone comes from other countries to play for american teams and only the best from those countries make it. so in reality theres more competition year round in those sports and its a much bigger accomplishment.

Just the fact that you have resorted to insulting me and calling me stupid shos just how pathetically ignorant you are. And, no, Nastia and Shawn didn’t do that, and for good reason. They would lose points and likely lose standing with the judges in future competition. Do you know anything about sports? Sure doesn’t seem that way.

[quote]One thing is for sure, you really have no idea what your talking about. If you feel up to posting anymore of your crackpot ideas about ADD, I would be more than happy to show you just how ignorant you are.[/quote]…[quote]Any athlete, any real athlete, knows they would have done the same thing, so get off your high horse for long enough to see that you and anyone else would have done the same thing.[/quote] your right i had to resort to insulting you. first of all you never answered the llws question, so if those lil kids started screaming and gloating there would be no topic in these forums about how unsportsman like it would be? now these are lil 13 year olds who are taught this sportsmanship in the eyes of the world and your telling me this competitor or any of the others should be gloating like that? the slogan for this olympics is “one world one dream” this is a time to come together and respect other countries and there accomplishments. the only reason im talking bout phelps and not any of the others is because hes representing my country, and in a big way since he was the man to beat from the beggining. maybe you should get off your high horse in trying to prove everything i say wrong without 1 “o ya i understand that point” just because of my add comment.

Same thing with Tiger Woods. People think the fist pump thing is flamboyant, but that’s just his natural reaction to coming through at the most important times. If you’re competitive, you’ve done it too.[/quote] ok the olympics are completley different than the world series, and yes i probably would be cheering and celebrating. you know what id also do? id be smiling, on the video i saw he was more so going “ya thats right im the man” not so much the “oh my god i just won another medal”. it was more so showing that he was better than everyone else(which yes is the point but not like that) rather than being honored by the fact that he made it so far in an even that comes every 4 years. the world series is all american teams who played against each other and had arguments the entire season. the olympics is a once every 4 years event where you represent a country in front of the world, how can you all not see this? as for the other stupid celebrations ya there dumb and they to should feel like jackasses for them. The thing is the before the olympics started phelps was the man to watch(for anyone anywhere in the world). the whole worlds eyes would be on him and im pretty sure he knew that. So lets go to the simplest of points, if in the final game of the llws championship the winning team yelled and gloated to the other team, would you be supporting of that or would there be a post on this board about how wrong it was?[/quote]

How is the World Series not like the Olympics? The World Series is to baseball what the Olympics is to swimming, track and field, etc… It’s the highest achievement of the respective sport.

There’s a big difference between unsportsmanlike and well earned arrogance. You must not have ever won anything to know the feeling.

…wow come on, really? yes it is the highest achievement but your acting like he hasnt won a gold medal before. ive won alot of things and know the feeling but theres a difference in having that feeling and controlling it. HES REPRESENTING THE UNITED STATES TO THE WORLD! do you not see this?i keep bringing up the llws because they had the same feeling he had if not then more being kids, and they were able to keep it under control.