Tips on lower body action

I have a few questions on lower body action:

1- What is the right way to land the front foot? Should I step in line with the home plate or should I open a little bit?
2- Should I bend my back leg during stride? How much bending is necessary?
3- Hip rotation triggers arm action or is it the opposite? Or both are simultaneous events?

Thanks!
Luis

[quote=“lguvieira”]1- What is the right way to land the front foot? Should I step in line with the home plate or should I open a little bit?[/quote]In line, with your toes pointing either at the target or just a bit to the closed side.

[quote=“lguvieira”]2- Should I bend my back leg during stride? How much bending is necessary?[/quote]Don’t focus on it and manipulate it that much. Just think about aggressively moving sideways toward the target. Let your body figure out the best way. Don’t over-analyze.

[quote=“lguvieira”]3- Hip rotation triggers arm action or is it the opposite? Or both are simultaneous events?[/quote]It’s a chain from the bottom up, transferring energy from one “link” to the next. The hips precede the shoulders by beginning to open up just prior to landing, while the shoulders stay closed until landing. At landing, the stretch created across the torso (loading) should immediately unload to cause the shoulders to rotate hard. The upper arm comes around with the shoulders (don’t allow it to lag behind). The lower arm comes through last.

It’s a chain (or wave) of energy transfer from the lower body, to the core, to the shoulders, arm then, finally, the ball. The momentum generated by the larger masses of the lower body causes higher speeds in the lighter, upper body parts IF it gets transferred well.