Tim Lincecum

There are some nice videos on this page. Check out the one that says Mechanics of Baseball on Lincecum.

I think its a very good video.

Thanks for posting. That was a good video. He is such a siiiiick pitcher! The guy is right too, he has incredible arm speed.

But they also say he has a good chance of arm injury.

he rocks lol
Still i think, he is OVERdoing is throwing motion I give him like 5 maybe 10 years then his back and arm all f((cked up for sure

He will probably strain his back or an oblique before he has arm troubles.

His dad is some sort of scientist, and they worked on his pitching motion for a few years so he can get the most out of his fastball from his small body.

He may have an arm injury at some point, but until now he has never had one. His mechanics are actually what take the stress off his arm. However, he may have a back injury one day, but for now he is pitching in the bigs which he probably would never have been able to do without his current mechanics.

I was watching one of the games he was pitching a couple weeks ago, and i remember the broadcaster saying he NEVER ices his arm.

I never Ice my arm and now it feels 10x better then when I use to.

He also doesn’t train like every other MLbpitcher. He doesn’t hit the weight room what he does it trains like a gymnist and trains for balance and speed.

I don’t think he will have any injurys in the upcomeing future.

yeah i heard that same thing on something… what was it? we must have been watching the same thing. Game maybe? idk. But id like to know his program!

The reasoning behind not icing his arm is in this article
http://origin.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_5984195

[quote]Chris Lincecum doesn’t have much tolerance for baseball convention. His methods are more similar to those of Japanese pitching coaches. He believes in long toss, repetition off a mound and saving ice for tumbler glasses.

“The whole idea is flexibility, right?” he said. "Ice keeps the blood out. Stretching would be better because you want to open it up, get the blood moving. And stretching is just as important after as before.[/quote]

Do you really think that is true? If everyone was able to replicate Tim’s Mechanics, would we all be able to get the most out of our bodies? (stregnth, conditioning, ability aside)

And thanks for posting that article. It was interesting. Id like to meet Chris Lincecum. And Tim, lol.

Also, reading this Article
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/mechanics/discussion/controlled_fury_tim_lincecum
, the author says: (Originally about Matt Cain but also said about Lincecum)

So taking a higher step can help increase some velocity?

I have that same article lying in my room somewhere :slight_smile:

[quote=“SP1B”]Also, reading this Article
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/mechanics/discussion/controlled_fury_tim_lincecum
, the author says: (Originally about Matt Cain but also said about Lincecum)

So taking a higher step can help increase some velocity?[/quote]

I think this is part of Nyman’s rotational throwing ideas. I don’t claim to understand it. The cause of the step-over (at least in Lincecum’s case) appears to be the knee bending right before foot plant after the leg swept around straight. I believe the stride leg can be opened up more when the knee is bent than when it is straight. This may aid hip rotation.

DM, what do you know about this?

Not much. CADad? Flippj? coachxj?

What’s the consensus on Lincecum’s style…do you believe he leaps out forward or not?

Lincecum has been getting rocked lately! Perhaps, we should chat about a more successful pitcher. :wink:

lol the reason hes talked about so much is b/c of how hard he throws for how small he is.

Man, anyone notice his jump in velocity of the last ten starts? His debut he was throwing 94-95 consistently. Tonight hes been in the higgh 90’s, 96-98, and accordin to the Giants Gun’ 100 once.