Tim lincecum change up

how does he grip his change up and throw it to make it so efective. I always watch him pitch and i would like to know how to throw this change or any other effective change. btw i am 14 and 5’5 114 lbs lol im small and a fineese pither and a lefty but i can still pich against varsity kids. i got a sick 2 seam sinker thing a splitter and a curve but no change. so pleae help me

you can use your splitter since you already have a sinker

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

oh dang thanks.

[quote=“kelvinp”]you can use your splitter since you already have a sinker

well i dont always use the sinker i mostly use a running fastball 2 seam thing. so would it still work with the change

according to most people, the sinker and the running twoseam thing
are the same

you must see the difference

i was saying yu could use you splitter as your change
since you already have a hard down breaking pitch
i recommend the pedro martinez grip or a straight change

according to most people, the sinker and the running twoseam thing
are the same

you must see the difference

i was saying yu could use you splitter as your change
since you already have a hard down breaking pitch
i recommend the pedro martinez grip or a straight change[/quote]

whats the pedro grip? i saw the pic but its hard to see. and the straight change is that a three finger change? and would a modified splitter work as a change?

the grip in the pic just look at the seams

staight change is the three fingered change
just until you get the feel for throwing the change

depends as long as it looks like a fastball and slows

i see now. what makes pedro’s change up so special?

What makes any changeup special is that it looks like a fastball, spins like a fastballs, comes from the same place as a fastball, is thrown as hard as a fastball and in the end is a good deal slower. You can try and throw screwball circle changes but at the end of of the day a perfect straight change will fool the same amount of batters.

never mind i wouldnr recommend the pedro change if you dont throw from a lower arm slot

i used the cole hamels grip(phillies dude 3rd pic) cause i throw from high 3/4 mostly

Well, to answer the OP’s question Lincecum’s change-up is actually a splitter. He just uses it as his change-up, since he throws so hard it’s quite effective for him. Not saying you have to throw gas to use it, but I think it’s more effective if you are somewhat a power pitcher.

[quote=“kelvinp”]never mind i wouldnr recommend the pedro change if you dont throw from a lower arm slot

i used the cole hamels grip(phillies dude 3rd pic) cause i throw from high 3/4 mostly[/quote]

i throw 3/4 so will pedro work?

the 2 seamer and sinker are totally different pitches and are nothing alike. the 2 seamer will have left to right side to side movement, from a righty, a sinker will dive down and sink also going left to right.

cant tell you
you gotta try it yourself
everybody is not the same

it work for me a little

im with ya
but tell others this

okay ill try it once i get my pitching mound in my yard all set up. Has any one seen sergio romo of the giants pitch?

Here is a pic of his release.

Thanks xv84, you always seem to come through with the pics or gifs 8)

looks more like a splitter to me

Because it is :wink:

[quote]Here is a pic of his release.

[/quote]

its not a splitter
its called the fosh change
held just like a split but the ring and pinky are put on the ball next to the middle just to “take something off”

where does XV get the pics