Tight/loose grip on changeup

From what I’ve heard, the looser you hold your 4-seam fb the more rotations you will get and the faster it will go/be perceived. But if you want the changeup to go slow you have to hold it tighter, but then won’t it be easier for hitters to spot as the tighter grip will cause the rotations to decrease?

I guess that depends on the type of change up you throw. Are you choking a 4 seamer or are you throwing a circle change?

My changeup grip is unusual i think. It’s kind of like a circle change but I only keep two fingers across the seams. I’ll upload a pic.

heres some pics of my change

as long as you keep the same arm speed throughout your delivery of the change up as you would your FB you can keep hitters off balance… usually the slowing down of the arm speed is what tips hitter off…as you delivery your change up keep your wrist stiff throughout the arm action then flick the wrist back then just before release… holding the grip too loose can create an arc-pattern which will cause the ch-up to float, giving the hitter more time to sit back on it and pick it up easier because it will not be on the same plain as your FB… too tight of a grip will give you less control and you can end up throwing it in the dirt before it reaches the plate… go with the same grip as your fastball because it is the basis of all pitches and it has a more comfortable/natural feel… the better the feel the better the control and the better the control the less you have to give your focus to it which can rob you off your focus of the delivery… I hope this helps

Well it’s the same grip as my fastball because it’s a 4seam but i’m just using a different 2 fingers: middle and ring finger instead of middle and index finger. and i’m holding it deeper in the proximal phalanx or whatever it’s called

[quote=“lesles4vr, post:5, topic:18302, full:true”]
…as you delivery your change up keep your wrist stiff throughout the arm action then flick the wrist back then just before release…[/quote]
I feel this approach makes it difficult to be consistent and it can result in elevating your pitches because your hand tends to get underneath the ball.