Throwing distance = more velocity?

if i can only throw about 80-85 yards does that necessarily mean that i won’t be able to throw with alot of velocity, or is it more from strength, becasue ive been working out alot and all my maxes have gone up like 60 pounds

Why dont you just see how fast you can throw?

casue i dont have access to a radar gun

Well, one physics equation says

Velocity = Distance/Time

I would say it is definitely dependent but it also depends on the time the ball travels through air also.

You can’t really get an accurate number but I can say that your throwing at least 70MPH.

Id say more than 70 mph probably because i throw 65 yards and i throw 70 mph.

Given that your strength has gone up considerably, I’d say that your velocity probably has gone up a bit. I’m not gonna try and estimate what your throwing though.

doing long toss or seeing how far u can throw doesn nothign for u
it does not say how fast u can throw
if u can throw the ball 400 yards good for u
but are u allowed to crop on the mound… NO
on the mound u are using ur energy to go downnhill
longtoss u throw uphill
i guarantee u pitchers that most pitchers that throw 90 + cannot throw the ball 375 yards like the jaegar program insists
forget long toss, work on proper explosive mechanics, and work on your core ( stomach and legs) and u will see results and ur speed increasing

[quote=“loco123”]doing long toss or seeing how far u can throw doesn nothign for u
longtoss u throw uphill
i guarantee u pitchers that most pitchers that throw 90 + cannot throw the ball 375 yards like the jaegar program insists
forget long toss, work on proper explosive mechanics, and work on your core ( stomach and legs) and u will see results and ur speed increasing[/quote]I throw 90+ and I’m pretty sure I don’t know anyone who’s attempted to throw that far, considering that’s over 1000 feet.

LOL

[quote=“loco123”]doing long toss or seeing how far u can throw doesn nothign for u
longtoss u throw uphill
forget long toss, work on proper explosive mechanics, and work on your core ( stomach and legs) and u will see results and ur speed increasing[/quote]

Jeager suggests building up to 375 feet, not 375 yards. Theres a big difference there my friend.

yea thats wut i meant, 300 n 400 feet, not yards
that wud be like 3 football fields

but everythign else i said im sticking with it

im not fully for the jeager program, but i do like the pulldown phase, especially the shorter distance throwing. its a way to use every single muscle in your body and improve explosiveness, and a taller guy throws downhill during it.

i dont see how that improves explosiveness when u are throwing using the crow hop. can u crow hop off the mound?
n hte guy they have china mcarney? although he was throwing 97, on the mound i bet he is in the low 90’s

it doesnt matter if u can throw a hundred mph crow hopping during the pull down phase, b.c its on hte mound when ur trying to get batters out, without a jumping start

Guys, I know that just because you add 50 feet onto your long toss doesn’t mean that you are going to throw 5 mph harder. But lets be reasonable here, if you can throw the ball 350 feet or even further, and you have decent mechanics, chances are you will be able to throw the ball harder than most. There is a pretty direct coorelation between the MLB players who longtoss very long distances and the guys who throw 95+. Jaeger is a good program, my coach went on it and said it got him from 92-94 to 95-98 the year he started closing, and that it got his arm really strong and healthy.