Three years later

I am starting this log to track my workout progress and throwing program. I think it will help me stay on track. As background information… Before my freshman year in high school I was a utility infielder/outfielder/catcher… I never touched the mound. Then after my freshman year I decided that in order to continue playing baseball after high school, I would have to pitch. So that summer I started pitching on my summer league team… I did really well in my first appearance but then after that my mechanics fell apart. I kept working at it until towards the end of the summer I was playing first base. I was actually running the bases at the time. I slid into third base and broke my leg. Actually both bones in my leg and my ankle. They put in a foot long plate and 12 screws and pins in my ankles. Was sposed to take 4 months to heal but with hard work and basketball to help with rehab I did it in 2 and a half. Over the next 3 years I have worked hard and know I am a senior in high school and a starting pitcher on my varsity team. I have talked with a d3 college in my area and I have a spot on the team for next year. This is just a log to keep track of my progression from now on…

Today I did some push ups, sit ups, and stretches(not sure how many) while I watched my beloved Cowboys lose in the playoffs… :cry: javascript:emoticon(’:cry:’)

Today for breakfast I had big plate of eggs and some juice. For lunch I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a glass of milk. I have a men’s basketball game tonight so that should be good for conditioning and I am going to do some core workouts.

Quick snack of water and cereal

Sadly, today was not a good day… It was very icy outside and it was also icing… So the only thing I could do was some sit ups and push ups. The past two days I have thrown and worked on my mechanics getting them fine tuned… Looking forward to a good spring!

Well I hit the weight room today. Did several core workouts and an intense leg workout that included sled work, hip abduction, and leg curls… I also went out and threw about 30 pitches as it was in the mid to high 30’s… This weekend is supposed to be in the 40’s so I will be outside for those and hopefully some more weight room work.

Alright so yesterday I decided to hit the cardio and weight room really hard. This is what I did.

Warm Up: 5 minutes on stationary bike

LEGS/BUTT

Leg Press 3x10
Hip Abduction 3x7
Glute Machine 3x10
Leg Extension 3x10
Calf Raise 3x10

SHOULDERS

Jobes
Shoulder Raise 3x10

BACK/CHEST

DB Bench 3x10
Lat Pull Down 3x10
DB Flies 2x10
DB Row 2x10

CORE

Russian Twists x40
Weighted Sit Ups x15
Oblique Twist Machine 3x10
Incline Sit Up x15

FOREARMS

Wrist Curls 2x40

CONDITIONING

10 minutes on Treadmill
10 minutes on Cardio setting stationary bike

Cool Down: 3 laps on indoor track

Immediately afterwards I drank a protein shake.
I also threw long toss before the work out.