This Pitch This Moment .

I thought I would take the time to go over some mental aspects of pitching. Many say that pitching is 90% mental and 10% physical and many are right. You don’t need to throw 90 mph all of the time just look at living proof of greg maddux or Tim Wakefield. It’s pretty much a mental game. There is something I always go by when pitching and it is “This Pitch, This Moment.” It doesn’t matter what happened before this pitch or what the score is. What matters is what your going to throw at this very moment and where you are going to throw it. Pitchers that don’t throw hard can get by in the majors if they have a strong mental side and know exacly what to throw and when to throw it to keep the hitter off balanced and guessing. So the many of you out there that aren’t in the ■■■■■■■■■■■ it’s ok just keep on working on the pitches that you have day in and day out and keep in mind what pitch you are going to throw every second you are out there.

Excellent advice. I might add one more thing, and this is something I spoke about earlier: TRUST YOUR STUFF. 8)