This a good dieting/eating schedule to follow?

I made it based on the times I would be able to eat and what I feel is a good amount of time between meals to keep my metabolism going. I am trying to lose weight mainly, but first and foremost breaking bad habits.

[b]Breakfast 7:00-7:15:

2 egg whites
Tuna and Crackers
Carrots
Fruit
OJ
Multi-Vitamin

Class 9:10:

Protein Shake

Snack 10:30:

Nature Valley Bar

Lunch 12:00:

Turkey Sandwich
Carrots
Fruit
Yogurt

Pre-Workout 2:45:

Protein Shake

Workout 3:15:

Protein Shake

Snack 5:00:

Carrots, Fruit, and/or Yogurt

Dinner 7:00:

Salmon Filet or Chicken Breast or Chicken Salad
Carrots
Fruit
Multi-Vitamin

Before Bed 9:00:

Yogurt, Cheese Stick, or Fruit[/b]

I’d try to cut at least one of the protein shakes and replace it with whole food. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Try not to eat the same thing every day either. Try making a 3 day meal plan with different foods each day. Then after the third day you can go back to the first day.

Enough with the carrots! Eat broccoli or celery or some other vegetables also. :roll:

Otherwise, it looks pretty solid to me.

Mmmm, tuna… I haven’t had that in awhile.

I agree with KC, although admittedly protein shakes can make for a convenient and quick “meal replacement.”

For breakfast I see no problem with eating the complete egg, no reason to separate out the egg white in my opinion. I have actually come across a very very interesting point.

People have been led to believe eggs can be bad for cholesterol because of some studies done several years back.
Who did the Studies? Cereal companies. Naturally they found cholesterol in the eggs and quickly reported this. They neglected to include that eggs are primarily “good” cholesterol, not the stuff in a fatty chunk of beef

Not to mention there are some other good things for ya in the yoke.

I can understand the desire to want to avoid the extra calories if you would like to loose some weight. So after all this I’m on the fence as what to do with the egg haha.
I think the calorie difference between 2 egg whites and 2 complete eggs is like 150 calories, I wouldn’t generally consider that a significant amount but with diets things can add up quickly.

KC- I think I will cut out the pre-workout shake and just go with the one during class and the one during my workout.

Spencer- I will definitely try and get different foods and I just love carrots, lol. I dont really like any other veggie.

Center- I dont seperate the yolk and the egg white, I buy the premade egg white stuff already. I just dont really want to the extra calories since I am trying to lose weight.

One more question, do you guys think I am consuming too much protein with this plan throughout the day?

Well my personal trainer from highschool said that at our young ages, we can’t really consume too much protein since we are growing a lot.

(Of course you could take too much but it would require a lot…)

Edit: I would suggest protein in the morning and at night but not at lunch. Mostly carbs at lunch (before you workout)

Im also thinking of adding a Flax Seed Oil to my diet. Its supposed to promote overall well-being and ease weight loss. You think this could be beneficial taking it with a multi-vitamin as well?

Another question, I am taking Protein (Muscle Milk), N.O.-Xplode, and Cell Mass in my diet.

Will I still be able to lose weight if Im taking things to promote muscle growth and strength gains? I mean I am more concernced with looking slimmer and being overall in better shape then what the scale says. But can this effect my weight loss process or just help it?

YES TAKE AN OMEGA 3 SUPPLEMENT. I put it in caps because it is important. We do not get enough omega 3 fat in our diets as Americans but we get plenty of omega 6 and omega 9. Omega 3 is anti inflammatory and 6/9 are inflammatory fats… Tendonitis anyone?

As to the other effects… I don’t remember. Check wikipedia.

[quote]
Another question, I am taking Protein (Muscle Milk), N.O.-Xplode, and Cell Mass in my diet.

Will I still be able to lose weight if Im taking things to promote muscle growth and strength gains? I mean I am more concernced with looking slimmer and being overall in better shape then what the scale says. But can this effect my weight loss process or just help it?[/quote]

If you are losing fat and gaining muscle, you will look slimmer. Simple as that. You don’t want to be bulky though.

As for the protein, I tried to ballpark your diet (with two protein shakes a day) and I think you would be around 120-150 grams. That should not be a problem.

For the flaxseed oil, you might want to try fish oil caps instead. Fish oil is EPA and DHA, which is more readily used by the body. I forget the exact stuff in flaxseed oil (ALA, I think) but it has to be converted by the body into EPA/DHA, so it’s less effective. If you want to use fish oil plus flax seeds (you can buy them whole instead of as an oil) that would give you a lot of healthy fats.

For the musclebuilding + fat loss question, I think it can be done. Try not to focus so much on the aesthetic aspect, but rather on performance. Set certain goals for yourself, both for your strength and conditioning, and work hard to hit them. Remember what you are building your body to perform, not necessarily to look like a male model (but that is often a side effect).

Train hard.

[quote=“kc86”]… Remember what you are building your body to perform, not necessarily to look like a male model (but that is often a side effect).

Train hard.[/quote]

Hahaha… well said.

[quote=“kc86”]As for the protein, I tried to ballpark your diet (with two protein shakes a day) and I think you would be around 120-150 grams. That should not be a problem.

For the flaxseed oil, you might want to try fish oil caps instead. Fish oil is EPA and DHA, which is more readily used by the body. I forget the exact stuff in flaxseed oil (ALA, I think) but it has to be converted by the body into EPA/DHA, so it’s less effective. If you want to use fish oil plus flax seeds (you can buy them whole instead of as an oil) that would give you a lot of healthy fats.

For the musclebuilding + fat loss question, I think it can be done. Try not to focus so much on the aesthetic aspect, but rather on performance. Set certain goals for yourself, both for your strength and conditioning, and work hard to hit them. Remember what you are building your body to perform, not necessarily to look like a male model (but that is often a side effect).

Train hard.[/quote]

Thanks KC. I think I will get the fish oil over flaxseed.