The X-Factor

I posted this in my log but I know a lot of people don’t go to that section of the forums so here are some thoughts I compiled in a blog post on my buddy’s site

http://danblewett.com/2011/01/the-college-athlete-bulking-phenomenon/

I would love to hear your input

Great article Ben. Very timely for my son.

wow thats sad. Seriously. The whole team. I mean the whole team hugs everyone and screams when one of their team mates hits a new deadlift max. are you kidding me.

The other guys should be fricking working out instead of watching. Jesus. I could see maybe having 1 training partner, but not having the whole fing team watching

thats seirously a joke

i am sorry but you have to admit

Also they are slapping each other and hitting each other. Are you kidding me.

[quote=“fireball999”]wow thats sad. Seriously. The whole team. I mean the whole team hugs everyone and screams when one of their team mates hits a new deadlift max. are you kidding me.

The other guys should be fricking working out instead of watching. Jesus. I could see maybe having 1 training partner, but not having the whole fing team watching

thats seirously a joke

Also they are slapping each other and hitting each other. Are you kidding me.[/quote]

Any reason for why you are always so negative?

On a more positive note, great article Lanky.

[quote=“fireball999”]wow thats sad. Seriously. The whole team. I mean the whole team hugs everyone and screams when one of their team mates hits a new deadlift max. are you kidding me.

thats seirously a joke

Also they are slapping each other and hitting each other. Are you kidding me.[/quote]
I am not kidding you, I think this article is great and 100% true. See, each week we plateau through our lifts, we strive to push each other farther and farther than before. When someone is lifting, it is the teams job to be yelling, YOU can do it! C’mon! That is true teamwork. A team, in my opinion, should be a family. We celebrate in each others achievements, we laugh together, we get mad together. There is strength in numbers, people with the same mindset as you help you achieve more, just as you help them achieve more.

I am sorry you don’t understand the dynamic of this, and please, feel free to be professional, we don’t need the language or the attitude. Both will get you nowhere.

thats seirously a joke

Just because you don’t like the idea or it’s different than what you may be used to doesn’t mean it’s wrong. And it certainly doesn’t mean you have to put it down.

Seriously, you need to change your attitude and clean up your act or you won’t be going very far in life. If I was a coach considering you for my team, there’s no way I’d take you. You’d probably not be coachable and you’d probably be too much of a disruption to the team.

that was their maxing day. It’s why they were all gathered around each other watching and cheering each other on. The same thing happens at my school when we max a couple times a year. It’s when the most weight gets put on the bar, records are broken and there is the most energy. It’s obvious why the video was taken on that day.