The Situation for UM

As most of you know, University of Miami is the college of my choice

Its getting close to the end of my Junior season…
I went to their prospect camp in January and Coach Morris knows who I am.
I tried to follow up with them over a email, and I didn’t get a email back.
What should I be doing at this point over the summer of my Junior year to stay in contact or something?
I plan on going to their prospect camp again next January as a Senior…
What do you guys think?

Miami is where I REALLY wanna go and play for.

UM will probably have there class filled up by next January. Only thing you have to watch out for is what players get drafted and if that opens up spots for you. Remember you can commit to a CC and then if a D1 comes along you can go there without messing with any of your eligibility. Maybe talk to Miami Dade CC as that is like a feeder school for UM.

This team is as good as any school in the nation D-1 year after year. You are no slouch if you make this squad. They absolutely do recruit from Dade.

Why would I watch out for the MLB draft if they are drafting 2010 players?
I am a class of 2011 player.

Its still worthy of going to their camp again next year right?

[quote=“JR.Navarro34”]

Why would I watch out for the MLB draft if they are drafting 2010 players?
I am a class of 2011 player.

Its still worthy of going to their camp again next year right?[/quote]

Well watch both drafts. This years draft affects next years money. Maybe they lose a couple players this year and feel like they rather save the money towards someone else in the 2011 class. And the same could be said for the 2011 draft except this time they fill the spots up.

Yes, it would still be worth it for the reasons above.

And this is also a busy time for the Coaching staff and they usually do not recruit a whole lot right now as they are trying to get the team ready for post season play. So this may be why they have not responded to e mails.

In season the coaching staff does not worry about recruiting,

Also, I doubt that Morris himself does the recruiting. If you know which assistant coach does the recruiting you should contact him and not Morris.

[quote=“UndersizedRHP”]In season the coaching staff does not worry about recruiting,

Also, I doubt that Morris himself does the recruiting. If you know which assistant coach does the recruiting you should contact him and not Morris.[/quote]

alright, cool…

Yeah I contacted J.D Arteaga hes the recruiting coordinator.
Coach Morris contacted my bro friend who played there and got me the connection, and told him to tell me I need to shed some more pounds and work on the breaking ball…and Come in next year…

[quote=“JR.Navarro34”][quote=“UndersizedRHP”]In season the coaching staff does not worry about recruiting,

Also, I doubt that Morris himself does the recruiting. If you know which assistant coach does the recruiting you should contact him and not Morris.[/quote]

alright, cool…

Yeah I contacted J.D Arteaga hes the recruiting coordinator.
Coach Morris contacted my bro friend who played there and got me the connection, and told him to tell me I need to shed some more pounds and work on the breaking ball…and Come in next year…[/quote]

Sounds like you have some goals for the year then.

Yes sir, I will work on all that this upcoming summer with the college summer team

sounds interesting