The Road to the Majors

This is my personal log for my road to D-1 and eventually, the majors. I am 13 years old and from Upstate NY. I am currently going to PT for my shoulder (internal rotation problem) which I injured pitching in the Championship game for my rec team. I am out rest of travel and all stars, but I’ll probably be back for fall ball. I throw pretty hard for my age, around low to mid 60’s, and I have a really nice circle change and developing curveball. I’ll want to learn how to throw a cutter, and I will probably add that and the 2 seam to my repertoire in the future.

5’2

4 Seam
2 Seam
Circle Change
Curveball
Cutter (developing)

I am in the same spot as you. I am 13 years old, 5’ 10" 125 pounds and throw high 60’s to low 70’s. I have been pitching and training for a few years so if you have any questions, you can message or e-mail me.

What happened to your shoulder?

[quote=“Turn 22”]What happened to your shoulder?[/quote] I have a problem with the internal rotation and something with my scapular stabilization, I’m not really sure.

[quote=“jayfurr17”]I am in the same spot as you. I am 13 years old, 5’ 10" 125 pounds and throw high 60’s to low 70’s. I have been pitching and training for a few years so if you have any questions, you can message or e-mail me.[/quote] Alright, will do. Thanks.

If you don’t mind me asking, what part of Upstate NY are you from. I was born and raised just East of Albany. Lived there until last summer.

Im from Guilderland in Schenectady county.

Have gotten this taken care of?

Yes I have been going to Physical Therapy for about a month now and I do exercises three times a day at my house. The therapist said I can begin light throwing. I just threw outside with my brother and my shoulder felt fine, but I’ll let you know if anything changes.

I’ve done light throwing past week, up to 90 feet. The arm is feeling good, cant wait to get back on the mound. Not sure if I should resume my TUFFCUFF yet, I’ll see. I have another round of PT today, will update by the end of the week.