The Pitching Pad

Was asked to review this pitching aid the other day. What do you think?

http://www.thepitchingpad.com/

They want $190 for that? :shock:

Good idea, but there is no way it is worth that much. The materials probably cost $5…

I agree it seems like a really good idea and something that could be useful but i think they are lookin at about $100 too expensive.

I agree it’s a pretty cool idea, but there isn’t enough to justify it’s cost.

Most things in that category of pitching aid are around half that cost.

I’d rather go with a pitching net. But then again, I dont have a fence.

looks like a good pitching tool for younger kids

i hate this kinda stuff

why do you need that

i suriveie with a standerd twin mattres with a cut out stike zone and a lawn mower bag to collet the balls

spoilded kids

Spoiled kids, or parents who push to hard? It’s sometimes scary to see how far some parents will go to make their kid better than Joe Schmo’s kid.

Joe Schmo Jr. is pretty damn good though :shock:

the biggest issue I have with these types of training aids is that by age 12 a kid needs to practice more on a mound at game distance. Unless you have a frame to hold it or a portable mound, you end up doing to much flat ground bull pens.

I would like to address some of the concerns that the posters had about my product and give a little background about the Pitching Pad.

When I was growing up, all I ever had to throw at was an old tire. The basic idea of The Pitching Pad came out of years of me beating up that tire. My experience as a collegiate pitcher also helped me to develop The Pad to what it is today.

I wanted something out in the marketplace that was heavy duty and durable enough not to break down after a couple of months. The Pad is made out of heavy duty, high-quality materials, so that it can last for many seasons. Being a ball player as well, I know how quickly things can break down.

The Pad is also designed so it has the ability to be attached to just about any fence or frame. It can be easily attached to an L-Screen, a 1st-base screen, or the back of a bullpen. I also have some sources that I can get custom frames made for The Pad, so if you are interested, please let me know.

I appreciate all of the comments. My product is a work in progress, and I hope to have the opportunity to improve it as the years go by. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.