The new lincecum

name: Jason Frasor
Team: blue jays
Avg velo: 94-96MPH
Dirtiest Pitch: splitter

he throws harder than tim… throws with more control than tim… has a better breaking ball than tim… and is the same size as tim

i dont know why people are obsessing over tim when jason is better all around :?

this will have tons of views i bet :stuck_out_tongue:

frasor is not new… he started in 2006…

and the hype with lincecum is that hes way young and has ripped through minor leagues at such a young age… and has been solid in his starts

1. frasor was demoted to AAA n then brought back up

2. and his record is 11-18 lifetime (2 seasons)

3. he is a reliever

4. and is not too popular (only blue jay reliever without entrance music)

this is probably why no one counts him as high as lincecum

There’s already a thread
http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4362&highlight=frasor
on Frasor.

How can you say Frasor throws harder? It’s news to me if Lincecum throws less than 94-96. They both throw the same velocity. What makes his breaking ball better? If it was better why is he a reliever? Does having a better breaking ball make him a better pitcher?

Lincecum must be better otherwise you wouldn’t have chosen him to compare Frasor to. Why not just make a thread about Frasor himself and not compare him to another pitcher if he was better?

Lincecum has a career 2.42 K:BB ratio. Frasor is at 2.16. How does Frasor have more “control”?

Lincecum has a better strikeout rate as well at 9.54 to Frasor’s 8.15. And Lincecum has to face the same 9 hitters at least 3 times a game. Frasor is a 1-inning pitcher, 2 at most and he can’t even post a 3.00 ERA. Can you imagine the strikeout rate and ERA Lincecum would put up as a reliever?

the new lincecum is johnny cueto. :lol:

The scary part is, he might be better than Lincecum.

yea cueto is pretty good.

another guy who is getting a lot of hype is phil hughes.

Did u guys see him pitchin sun night against the yankees? that was a horrible display of pitching… including dice-k at many points.

but hughes is of course only 21 and will settle down and come into his own.

yea cueto is pretty good.

another guy who is getting a lot of hype is phil hughes.

Did u guys see him pitchin sun night against the yankees? that was a horrible display of pitching… including dice-k at many points.

but hughes is of course only 21 and will settle down and come into his own.

Sorry offset, your absolutely outta your mind with lincecum. For some reason you have a personal beef with tim. How are these numbers for you this year…

2-0 16 ip’s 17 hits 4 er’s 6 bb’s with 22 k’s and a 2.25 era on the worst team in baseball.

Really the only thing you can hold your hat on is that his command is still not great. It seems to be improving, last outing 1 bb, 11 punchouts. Don’t forget, the kid’s 23 years old, command will improve.

What ya’ll aren’t talking about is the abundance of really interesting young pitching in the bigs. What is huge fun is to see how it plays out. I’ve watched Greg Maddux pitch from the time he was a rookie thanks to the wonders of WGN and WTBS and my cable and dish provider. When he started he was on the team with another guy from Las Vegas, Mike Morgan and Rick Sutcliffe, Dennis Eckersly and Steve Trout, pitching also at that time was Stewart and Jack Morris, the “Nasty Boys” in Cinci…Ryan and Clemens…look around and see what happened, this is what is going to happen with this crew, Lincecum and Fraser and Hughes and Cueto and a whole list of hot shots, will have a whole crop of guys arguing the merits of each for the next decade :smiley: I am sitting here and wondering which will be the “One” or who is going to be the next “Poor Mark Prior”…sit and think about how many times how many people have had passionate arguement about this very type of subject…I love pitching…Baseball…no better way to spend the day…(Or at least a portion of it).

I’m the next ‘One’ didntcha know.

With that arsenal you can’t miss home stretch! 8)
I’m big on the fast with movement…and the slow and moves.
Of course you’ll provide me with appropriate seating so as to fully appreciate your “Oneness”, I will require a suite on the corporate level. :nod: Plenty of refreshments and accompanyments. Make sure the big screen is top flight.

BTW, I agree with jdromfla on this. Only time will tell which of this little batch is the best.

Frasor is better than lincecum huh? :lol:

I feel Price is the lefty version of lincecum (stuff wise)

Then ill say Madison Bumgarner is the next price? ha

how is price anything like lincecum other than both throwing hard? price has a sweeping breaking ball while lincecum throws a hard sharp breaking curve.

nice fastball, great breaking ball, deceptive mechanics, quick through minors

stuff wise like you said they are nothing alike

ha. Cueto. 1 good start and he’s out. Lincecum deserves the Cy Young, I don’t think any of you should be arguing against him besides Joba and maybe Price (first start tonight - 5.1 IP, 1 ER, 3 Ks - just a debut).

Lincecum having as much wins as he does with the giants is pretty damn crazy. Put him on the angels or something hed have 23ish no problem